Carer faces new machine gun killing charges
A CARER accused of murdering a man outside an East End nightclub has now been charged with perverting the course of justice. Two more men have now also been charged with helping 30-year-old Andrew Denty, of Greenham Close, Southwark hide a MAC10 machine g
A CARER accused of murdering a man outside an East End nightclub has now been charged with perverting the course of justice.
Two more men have now also been charged with helping 30-year-old Andrew Denty, of Greenham Close, Southwark hide a MAC10 machine gun which they believe was used to gun down Curtis Smith outside Club Red in Butcher Row, Limehouse last summer.
Emmanuel Okot, 25, of City Walk, Bermondsey and George Ogaba, 19, of Leontine Close, Peckham were both charged last month with conspiring to hide the weapon and with perverting the course of justice.
Denty was arrested after he handed himself into a police station last July and was charged with the murder of Curtis Smith. He has now also been charged with the other two offences.
You may also want to watch:
He was due to appear at the Old Bailey last week but the trial has been postponed following the new charges brought against him, Okot and Ogaba.
All three men appeared together at the Old Bailey on the March 18 and have been remanded in custody until their trial on Monday, June 8.
- 1 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 5 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 6 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 7 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 9 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 10 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man