Carer faces new machine gun killing charges
A CARER accused of murdering a man outside an East End nightclub has now been charged with perverting the course of justice. Two more men have now also been charged with helping 30-year-old Andrew Denty, of Greenham Close, Southwark hide a MAC10 machine g
A CARER accused of murdering a man outside an East End nightclub has now been charged with perverting the course of justice.
Two more men have now also been charged with helping 30-year-old Andrew Denty, of Greenham Close, Southwark hide a MAC10 machine gun which they believe was used to gun down Curtis Smith outside Club Red in Butcher Row, Limehouse last summer.
Emmanuel Okot, 25, of City Walk, Bermondsey and George Ogaba, 19, of Leontine Close, Peckham were both charged last month with conspiring to hide the weapon and with perverting the course of justice.
Denty was arrested after he handed himself into a police station last July and was charged with the murder of Curtis Smith. He has now also been charged with the other two offences.
You may also want to watch:
He was due to appear at the Old Bailey last week but the trial has been postponed following the new charges brought against him, Okot and Ogaba.
All three men appeared together at the Old Bailey on the March 18 and have been remanded in custody until their trial on Monday, June 8.
- 1 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 4 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 5 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 6 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 7 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 8 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 9 Leyton Orient searching for a new manager as they bid farewell to McAnuff
- 10 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'