Cash boost for dancers at Tower Hamlets College
BUDDING dancers at an East End college will be learning how to strut their stuff following a cash boost from Sport England. Pupils at Tower Hamlets College will be taught a range of different types of dance, from Street to contemporary, in a series of l
BUDDING dancers at an East End college will be learning how to strut their stuff following a cash boost from Sport England.
Pupils at Tower Hamlets College will be taught a range of different types of dance, from Street to contemporary, in a series of lessons over 10 weeks.
The classes, led by qualified student teachers from London South Bank University, are being funded by �450 from Sport Unlimited, which is a new programme run by Sport England.
The pupils at the college in Poplar will be showing off their moves at a dance event later in the spring.
Daniel Searle, the Sports Co-ordinator at the college, applied for the cash which is aimed at youngsters who may have some interested in sport but are not part of a club.
Mr Searle said: "We had a talent show at the college last year so I saw at first hand that we have some talented dancers who have been keen to get involved.
- 1 Woman treated at scene as 40 firefighters called to Bow tower block
- 2 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 3 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 4 Council rapped by ombudsman after not following safeguarding procedures
- 5 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 6 V&A launches festival to celebrate 150 years in Bethnal Green
- 7 Moncur 'overwhelmed' to join Leyton Orient
- 8 Roman Road shop blaze 'believed to be accidental'
- 9 Firefighter retires after cancer diagnosis
- 10 Bow Lock murder: Victim's two girlfriends give evidence at Old Bailey
"This is a good opportunity to introduce something new and relevant to local girls.