Cash boost for dancers at Tower Hamlets College
BUDDING dancers at an East End college will be learning how to strut their stuff following a cash boost from Sport England. Pupils at Tower Hamlets College will be taught a range of different types of dance, from Street to contemporary, in a series of l
BUDDING dancers at an East End college will be learning how to strut their stuff following a cash boost from Sport England.
Pupils at Tower Hamlets College will be taught a range of different types of dance, from Street to contemporary, in a series of lessons over 10 weeks.
The classes, led by qualified student teachers from London South Bank University, are being funded by �450 from Sport Unlimited, which is a new programme run by Sport England.
The pupils at the college in Poplar will be showing off their moves at a dance event later in the spring.
You may also want to watch:
Daniel Searle, the Sports Co-ordinator at the college, applied for the cash which is aimed at youngsters who may have some interested in sport but are not part of a club.
Mr Searle said: "We had a talent show at the college last year so I saw at first hand that we have some talented dancers who have been keen to get involved.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 3 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 6 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 7 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 8 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
"This is a good opportunity to introduce something new and relevant to local girls.