Cash boost for dancers at Tower Hamlets College
BUDDING dancers at an East End college will be learning how to strut their stuff following a cash boost from Sport England. Pupils at Tower Hamlets College will be taught a range of different types of dance, from Street to contemporary, in a series of l
BUDDING dancers at an East End college will be learning how to strut their stuff following a cash boost from Sport England.
Pupils at Tower Hamlets College will be taught a range of different types of dance, from Street to contemporary, in a series of lessons over 10 weeks.
The classes, led by qualified student teachers from London South Bank University, are being funded by �450 from Sport Unlimited, which is a new programme run by Sport England.
The pupils at the college in Poplar will be showing off their moves at a dance event later in the spring.
Daniel Searle, the Sports Co-ordinator at the college, applied for the cash which is aimed at youngsters who may have some interested in sport but are not part of a club.
Mr Searle said: "We had a talent show at the college last year so I saw at first hand that we have some talented dancers who have been keen to get involved.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 3 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 4 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 5 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 6 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 7 Leyton Orient could send goalkeeper Sargeant back out on loan
- 8 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 9 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 10 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
"This is a good opportunity to introduce something new and relevant to local girls.