Cash boost for dancers at Tower Hamlets College
BUDDING dancers at an East End college will be learning how to strut their stuff following a cash boost from Sport England. Pupils at Tower Hamlets College will be taught a range of different types of dance, from Street to contemporary, in a series of l
BUDDING dancers at an East End college will be learning how to strut their stuff following a cash boost from Sport England.
Pupils at Tower Hamlets College will be taught a range of different types of dance, from Street to contemporary, in a series of lessons over 10 weeks.
The classes, led by qualified student teachers from London South Bank University, are being funded by �450 from Sport Unlimited, which is a new programme run by Sport England.
The pupils at the college in Poplar will be showing off their moves at a dance event later in the spring.
You may also want to watch:
Daniel Searle, the Sports Co-ordinator at the college, applied for the cash which is aimed at youngsters who may have some interested in sport but are not part of a club.
Mr Searle said: "We had a talent show at the college last year so I saw at first hand that we have some talented dancers who have been keen to get involved.
- 1 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 4 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 5 Green light for £1m in levies to be used for East End fire rescue ladder
- 6 Bethnal Green rubbish 'attracts rats' as 'pingdemic' delays collections
- 7 Trial of Poplar and Limehouse MP opens on 'housing fraud' charges
- 8 Remembrance to Bethnal Green's ‘perfect storm’ fire tragedy 17 years on
- 9 'Laughing gas central': Call for action on antisocial behaviour
- 10 Poplar and Limehouse MP's trial on housing fraud charges set to start
"This is a good opportunity to introduce something new and relevant to local girls.