Cash for homes and hospitals please—not arms sales!
Cash for homes and hospitals—not arms, please!AMONG the leading countries of the G20 attending the summit at ExCel on April 2 will be those who five-months later are allowing their manufactures of weapons of war to display at the world’s largest arm fair. Once again, they will be met by protesters against holding this event in East London, where weapons that kill, maim and injure will be on display and for sale
AMONG the leading countries of the G20 attending the summit at ExCel in East London on April 2 will be those countries who five-months later, September 8-11, are allowing their manufacturers of weapons of war to display at the world’s largest arm fair.
Once again, as at previous ExCel exhibitions, they will be met by protesters against holding this event in East London, where weapons that kill, maim and injure innocent people will be on display and for sale.
Having failed to solve the financial problems caused by the greedy American banks and endorsed by the UK banks, mass unemployment has taken place in many countries, with more to follow.
You may also want to watch:
We are protesting at the massive waste of money that could be better spent on homes, schools and hospitals in the G20 countries rather than displaying and selling the weapons of war.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 6 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
Tomlins Grove, Bow