Cash for homes and hospitals please—not arms sales!
Cash for homes and hospitals—not arms, please!AMONG the leading countries of the G20 attending the summit at ExCel on April 2 will be those who five-months later are allowing their manufactures of weapons of war to display at the world’s largest arm fair. Once again, they will be met by protesters against holding this event in East London, where weapons that kill, maim and injure will be on display and for sale
AMONG the leading countries of the G20 attending the summit at ExCel in East London on April 2 will be those countries who five-months later, September 8-11, are allowing their manufacturers of weapons of war to display at the world’s largest arm fair.
Once again, as at previous ExCel exhibitions, they will be met by protesters against holding this event in East London, where weapons that kill, maim and injure innocent people will be on display and for sale.
Having failed to solve the financial problems caused by the greedy American banks and endorsed by the UK banks, mass unemployment has taken place in many countries, with more to follow.
You may also want to watch:
We are protesting at the massive waste of money that could be better spent on homes, schools and hospitals in the G20 countries rather than displaying and selling the weapons of war.
- 1 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 2 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 3 Leyton Orient sign Theo Archibald on loan from Lincoln City
- 4 Highest point reached on new homes in disused Bethnal Green car park
- 5 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 6 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 7 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 8 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 9 Bidding for Harry Kane's signed jersey open in Wapping Youth FC auction
- 10 Thames Path voted UK's No one for walking — even if blocked in places
Tomlins Grove, Bow