Celeb-backed music contest coming to East End
Budding East End musicians could have the opportunity to perform on home turf this autumn as Tower Hamlets plays host to a prestigious talent contest.
City Showcase, which has been presented by the likes of TV host Myleene Klass in past years, is coming to Mile End Park in September.
The competition is open to musicians from all fields and the winner will receive mentoring and the opportunity to perform at some of the official concerts for the 2012 Games.
The scheme aims to develop new artists through shows, networking sessions and masterclasses.
Cllr Rania Khan said: “Tower Hamlets has a history of musical talent from Dizzee Rascal to Tinchy Stryder. This is a great way to get a headstart in a very competitive industry.”
You may also want to watch:
Entrants can be solo, in a band or orchestra and of any age.
A public vote will decide which bands go before the expert panel on September 17.
- 1 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 4 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 5 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 6 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 7 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 8 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 9 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 10 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
Email email@example.com with your contact details and links to your biography and music.