Celeb-backed music contest coming to East End
Budding East End musicians could have the opportunity to perform on home turf this autumn as Tower Hamlets plays host to a prestigious talent contest.
City Showcase, which has been presented by the likes of TV host Myleene Klass in past years, is coming to Mile End Park in September.
The competition is open to musicians from all fields and the winner will receive mentoring and the opportunity to perform at some of the official concerts for the 2012 Games.
The scheme aims to develop new artists through shows, networking sessions and masterclasses.
Cllr Rania Khan said: “Tower Hamlets has a history of musical talent from Dizzee Rascal to Tinchy Stryder. This is a great way to get a headstart in a very competitive industry.”
You may also want to watch:
Entrants can be solo, in a band or orchestra and of any age.
A public vote will decide which bands go before the expert panel on September 17.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 5 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
Email email@example.com with your contact details and links to your biography and music.