Celebrity chefs rename Spitalfields 'cafe' to reflect posh wine list
CELEBRITY chefs Chris and Jeff Galvin have renamed their recently launched caf� in Spitalfields. The brothers, who launched their casual bistro Caf� de Luxe at the same time as their haute cuisine restaurant Galvin La Chapelle in Spital Square last Decemb
CELEBRITY chefs Chris and Jeff Galvin have renamed their recently launched caf� in Spitalfields.
The brothers, who launched their casual bistro Caf� de Luxe at the same time as their haute cuisine restaurant Galvin La Chapelle in Spital Square last December, have decided to change the name to Caf� a Vin to reflect a new focus on quality wines.
The wine list now features wines from small artisan growers who work sustainably, organically or biodynamically.
Some are made without the addition of sulphur dioxide and are unfiltered, a process that produces healthiest, best tasting and distinctive wines.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Galvin said: "Our initial concept was to create a neighbourhood caf� similar to our very popular bistro in Baker Street, however as we got to know our regular guests we recognised that many of them have amazing wine cellars at home and a real appetite for increasing their already excellent knowledge of wines.
"We felt that the caf� was the perfect space to encourage our guests to experiment, discover exciting new taste sensations and participate in a dynamic and friendly wine culture.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 4 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact