Celebrity chefs rename Spitalfields 'cafe' to reflect posh wine list
CELEBRITY chefs Chris and Jeff Galvin have renamed their recently launched caf� in Spitalfields. The brothers, who launched their casual bistro Caf� de Luxe at the same time as their haute cuisine restaurant Galvin La Chapelle in Spital Square last Decemb
CELEBRITY chefs Chris and Jeff Galvin have renamed their recently launched caf� in Spitalfields.
The brothers, who launched their casual bistro Caf� de Luxe at the same time as their haute cuisine restaurant Galvin La Chapelle in Spital Square last December, have decided to change the name to Caf� a Vin to reflect a new focus on quality wines.
The wine list now features wines from small artisan growers who work sustainably, organically or biodynamically.
Some are made without the addition of sulphur dioxide and are unfiltered, a process that produces healthiest, best tasting and distinctive wines.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Galvin said: "Our initial concept was to create a neighbourhood caf� similar to our very popular bistro in Baker Street, however as we got to know our regular guests we recognised that many of them have amazing wine cellars at home and a real appetite for increasing their already excellent knowledge of wines.
"We felt that the caf� was the perfect space to encourage our guests to experiment, discover exciting new taste sensations and participate in a dynamic and friendly wine culture.
- 1 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 2 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 3 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 4 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 5 Driver demo blocks Uber's Whitechapel HQ in termination appeals dispute
- 6 ‘Humanitarian disaster’ food shortage for East End families in poverty
- 7 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 10 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf