Celebrity chefs rename Spitalfields 'cafe' to reflect posh wine list
CELEBRITY chefs Chris and Jeff Galvin have renamed their recently launched caf� in Spitalfields. The brothers, who launched their casual bistro Caf� de Luxe at the same time as their haute cuisine restaurant Galvin La Chapelle in Spital Square last Decemb
CELEBRITY chefs Chris and Jeff Galvin have renamed their recently launched caf� in Spitalfields.
The brothers, who launched their casual bistro Caf� de Luxe at the same time as their haute cuisine restaurant Galvin La Chapelle in Spital Square last December, have decided to change the name to Caf� a Vin to reflect a new focus on quality wines.
The wine list now features wines from small artisan growers who work sustainably, organically or biodynamically.
Some are made without the addition of sulphur dioxide and are unfiltered, a process that produces healthiest, best tasting and distinctive wines.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Galvin said: "Our initial concept was to create a neighbourhood caf� similar to our very popular bistro in Baker Street, however as we got to know our regular guests we recognised that many of them have amazing wine cellars at home and a real appetite for increasing their already excellent knowledge of wines.
"We felt that the caf� was the perfect space to encourage our guests to experiment, discover exciting new taste sensations and participate in a dynamic and friendly wine culture.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 6 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 7 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 8 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 9 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 10 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week