Celebrity chefs rename Spitalfields 'cafe' to reflect posh wine list
CELEBRITY chefs Chris and Jeff Galvin have renamed their recently launched caf� in Spitalfields. The brothers, who launched their casual bistro Caf� de Luxe at the same time as their haute cuisine restaurant Galvin La Chapelle in Spital Square last Decemb
CELEBRITY chefs Chris and Jeff Galvin have renamed their recently launched caf� in Spitalfields.
The brothers, who launched their casual bistro Caf� de Luxe at the same time as their haute cuisine restaurant Galvin La Chapelle in Spital Square last December, have decided to change the name to Caf� a Vin to reflect a new focus on quality wines.
The wine list now features wines from small artisan growers who work sustainably, organically or biodynamically.
Some are made without the addition of sulphur dioxide and are unfiltered, a process that produces healthiest, best tasting and distinctive wines.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Galvin said: "Our initial concept was to create a neighbourhood caf� similar to our very popular bistro in Baker Street, however as we got to know our regular guests we recognised that many of them have amazing wine cellars at home and a real appetite for increasing their already excellent knowledge of wines.
"We felt that the caf� was the perfect space to encourage our guests to experiment, discover exciting new taste sensations and participate in a dynamic and friendly wine culture.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 3 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 4 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 5 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 6 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 7 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 8 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 9 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 10 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene