Centre for rape victims wins award
AN EAST End centre has won a national award for its on-going support to rape victims. The Haven in Whitechapel which offers help to victims of sexual assaults has bagged a Justice Award for its work within the Criminal Justice System. The Partnershi
AN EAST End centre has won a national award for its on-going support to rape victims.
The Haven in Whitechapel which offers help to victims of sexual assaults has bagged a Justice Award for its work within the Criminal Justice System.
The Partnership of the Year team award was a joint accolade between London's three Haven centres which also include centres in Paddington and Camberwell.
Around 60 victims pass through the doors of the centre which is around the corner from the Royal London each month looking for support.
You may also want to watch:
They are offered forensic examinations and advice from doctors, nurses, a counsellor and a psychologist who are on-hand 24 hours a day.
The centre's Asian Development Worker, Harpreet Sihota, also beat-off competition to get into the final five of the People's Award, which is also part of the Justice Awards, for her work with Bangladeshi women.
- 1 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 4 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 5 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 6 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 7 Mum praises 'amazing' NHS staff who saved 'precious' tot's life
- 8 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 9 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 10 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor