Centre for rape victims wins award
AN EAST End centre has won a national award for its on-going support to rape victims. The Haven in Whitechapel which offers help to victims of sexual assaults has bagged a Justice Award for its work within the Criminal Justice System. The Partnershi
AN EAST End centre has won a national award for its on-going support to rape victims.
The Haven in Whitechapel which offers help to victims of sexual assaults has bagged a Justice Award for its work within the Criminal Justice System.
The Partnership of the Year team award was a joint accolade between London's three Haven centres which also include centres in Paddington and Camberwell.
Around 60 victims pass through the doors of the centre which is around the corner from the Royal London each month looking for support.
You may also want to watch:
They are offered forensic examinations and advice from doctors, nurses, a counsellor and a psychologist who are on-hand 24 hours a day.
The centre's Asian Development Worker, Harpreet Sihota, also beat-off competition to get into the final five of the People's Award, which is also part of the Justice Awards, for her work with Bangladeshi women.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window