Charity launches new housing help surgery for East Enders
HOMELESS charity Shelter has launched a new housing advice surgery to help people facing homelessness or housing problems in the East End. Shelter s specialist advisors will be on hand to offer free, impartial advice and legal help on issues including ren
HOMELESS charity Shelter has launched a new housing advice surgery to help people facing homelessness or housing problems in the East End.
Shelter's specialist advisors will be on hand to offer free, impartial advice and legal help on issues including rent and mortgage arrears, housing benefit problems, illegal eviction, disrepair and finding a home.
The surgery will take place every Tuesday from 1.30-4.30pm at the Chrisp Street Children's Centre in Poplar.
Shelter's David Saltson said: "An estimated 65,000 people are facing repossession this year and thousands more are trapped in housing that is damp, overcrowded or in disrepair.
You may also want to watch:
"This new specialist advice service aims to help people in Tower Hamlets to overcome housing issues like these and access a decent home.
"We urge anyone in Tower Hamlets who has a housing issue to get in touch so we can provide them with the expert advice they need."
- 1 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 2 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 3 Docklands man pleaded guilty to firearms offences
- 4 Crossharbour scheme for 2,000 new homes on Isle of Dogs is halted
- 5 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 6 Working classes 'being pushed out by East End's gentrification'
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Driver threatened at gunpoint in Bromley-by-Bow carjacking
- 9 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 10 Police search park in Poplar after report of stabbing
Shelter helps more than 170,000 people overcome the distress caused by homelessness and bad housing each year.
The service is run on an appointment only basis. To make an appointment, contact Shelter on 0344 515 2222.