Charity launches new housing help surgery for East Enders
HOMELESS charity Shelter has launched a new housing advice surgery to help people facing homelessness or housing problems in the East End. Shelter s specialist advisors will be on hand to offer free, impartial advice and legal help on issues including ren
HOMELESS charity Shelter has launched a new housing advice surgery to help people facing homelessness or housing problems in the East End.
Shelter's specialist advisors will be on hand to offer free, impartial advice and legal help on issues including rent and mortgage arrears, housing benefit problems, illegal eviction, disrepair and finding a home.
The surgery will take place every Tuesday from 1.30-4.30pm at the Chrisp Street Children's Centre in Poplar.
Shelter's David Saltson said: "An estimated 65,000 people are facing repossession this year and thousands more are trapped in housing that is damp, overcrowded or in disrepair.
You may also want to watch:
"This new specialist advice service aims to help people in Tower Hamlets to overcome housing issues like these and access a decent home.
"We urge anyone in Tower Hamlets who has a housing issue to get in touch so we can provide them with the expert advice they need."
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 6 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 7 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
Shelter helps more than 170,000 people overcome the distress caused by homelessness and bad housing each year.
The service is run on an appointment only basis. To make an appointment, contact Shelter on 0344 515 2222.