Charity launches new housing help surgery for East Enders
HOMELESS charity Shelter has launched a new housing advice surgery to help people facing homelessness or housing problems in the East End. Shelter s specialist advisors will be on hand to offer free, impartial advice and legal help on issues including ren
HOMELESS charity Shelter has launched a new housing advice surgery to help people facing homelessness or housing problems in the East End.
Shelter's specialist advisors will be on hand to offer free, impartial advice and legal help on issues including rent and mortgage arrears, housing benefit problems, illegal eviction, disrepair and finding a home.
The surgery will take place every Tuesday from 1.30-4.30pm at the Chrisp Street Children's Centre in Poplar.
Shelter's David Saltson said: "An estimated 65,000 people are facing repossession this year and thousands more are trapped in housing that is damp, overcrowded or in disrepair.
You may also want to watch:
"This new specialist advice service aims to help people in Tower Hamlets to overcome housing issues like these and access a decent home.
"We urge anyone in Tower Hamlets who has a housing issue to get in touch so we can provide them with the expert advice they need."
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 8 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel
Shelter helps more than 170,000 people overcome the distress caused by homelessness and bad housing each year.
The service is run on an appointment only basis. To make an appointment, contact Shelter on 0344 515 2222.