Chas ’n’ Dave give it a rest after 37 years
COCKNEY pop stars Chas n 'Dave are splitting up after 37 years, following the death of Dave s wife. The pair were already experienced musicians before they decided to record their own material including the famous Rabbit and Ain't No Pleasing You
COCKNEY pop stars Chas'n'Dave are splitting up after 37 years, following the death of Dave's wife.
The pair were already experienced musicians before they decided to record their own 'Rockney' material including the famous Rabbit and Ain't No Pleasing You, shooting to fame in the 1970s.
They have recently become popular with a new generation of music lovers and appeared at the Glastonbury festival in 2005 and also supported Pete Doherty's band The Libertines.
But guitarist Dave Peacock has decided to call it a day after his wife Sue died of lung cancer earlier this year.
You may also want to watch:
Pianist Chas Hodges plans to continue touring with their hits under the name Chas and his Band.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 3 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 4 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 5 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 6 Brigade issues fire safety warning after Limehouse studio blaze
- 7 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 8 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 9 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 10 Khalid Ali couldn't hide delight after winning start against Dean Wilkinson