Chas ’n’ Dave give it a rest after 37 years
COCKNEY pop stars Chas n 'Dave are splitting up after 37 years, following the death of Dave s wife. The pair were already experienced musicians before they decided to record their own material including the famous Rabbit and Ain't No Pleasing You
COCKNEY pop stars Chas'n'Dave are splitting up after 37 years, following the death of Dave's wife.
The pair were already experienced musicians before they decided to record their own 'Rockney' material including the famous Rabbit and Ain't No Pleasing You, shooting to fame in the 1970s.
They have recently become popular with a new generation of music lovers and appeared at the Glastonbury festival in 2005 and also supported Pete Doherty's band The Libertines.
But guitarist Dave Peacock has decided to call it a day after his wife Sue died of lung cancer earlier this year.
You may also want to watch:
Pianist Chas Hodges plans to continue touring with their hits under the name Chas and his Band.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 5 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 6 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 10 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals