Chas ’n’ Dave give it a rest after 37 years
COCKNEY pop stars Chas n 'Dave are splitting up after 37 years, following the death of Dave s wife. The pair were already experienced musicians before they decided to record their own material including the famous Rabbit and Ain't No Pleasing You
COCKNEY pop stars Chas'n'Dave are splitting up after 37 years, following the death of Dave's wife.
The pair were already experienced musicians before they decided to record their own 'Rockney' material including the famous Rabbit and Ain't No Pleasing You, shooting to fame in the 1970s.
They have recently become popular with a new generation of music lovers and appeared at the Glastonbury festival in 2005 and also supported Pete Doherty's band The Libertines.
But guitarist Dave Peacock has decided to call it a day after his wife Sue died of lung cancer earlier this year.
You may also want to watch:
Pianist Chas Hodges plans to continue touring with their hits under the name Chas and his Band.
- 1 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 4 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 5 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 6 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 7 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Tokyo 2020: Poplar children have their own 'Olympics'
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?