Chas ’n’ Dave give it a rest after 37 years
COCKNEY pop stars Chas n 'Dave are splitting up after 37 years, following the death of Dave s wife. The pair were already experienced musicians before they decided to record their own material including the famous Rabbit and Ain't No Pleasing You
COCKNEY pop stars Chas'n'Dave are splitting up after 37 years, following the death of Dave's wife.
The pair were already experienced musicians before they decided to record their own 'Rockney' material including the famous Rabbit and Ain't No Pleasing You, shooting to fame in the 1970s.
They have recently become popular with a new generation of music lovers and appeared at the Glastonbury festival in 2005 and also supported Pete Doherty's band The Libertines.
But guitarist Dave Peacock has decided to call it a day after his wife Sue died of lung cancer earlier this year.
You may also want to watch:
Pianist Chas Hodges plans to continue touring with their hits under the name Chas and his Band.
- 1 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 2 Pedestrian struck by motorcycle in critical condition following Stepney collision
- 3 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 6 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 7 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 8 Campaign launched to 'clean up the Thames and help save world's oceans'
- 9 Hot tub and BBQ boats relaunched at Canary Wharf
- 10 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs