Cheque presented in Shadwell for cancer charity’s sailing scheme
- Credit: Archant
A cheque for £100,000 was presented to a cancer charity at a ceremony in Shadwell to help young patients recovering from cancer though sailing.
The Ellen MacArthur Cancer Trust (EMCT) received the cheque from the People’s Postcode Lottery in the Shadwell Basin Outdoor Activity Centre today (October 3), which will fund the charity’s activities for the next three years.
The EMCT hopes the money will help to double the number of young people it treats by 2016.
The charity was set up in 2003 and helps young people recovering from cancer to rebuild their confidence through sailing.
Last year the Trust worked with 353 young people, 49 of whom were treated at London hospitals.
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.ellenmacarthurcancertrust.org.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided