Cheque presented in Shadwell for cancer charity’s sailing scheme
- Credit: Archant
A cheque for £100,000 was presented to a cancer charity at a ceremony in Shadwell to help young patients recovering from cancer though sailing.
The Ellen MacArthur Cancer Trust (EMCT) received the cheque from the People’s Postcode Lottery in the Shadwell Basin Outdoor Activity Centre today (October 3), which will fund the charity’s activities for the next three years.
The EMCT hopes the money will help to double the number of young people it treats by 2016.
The charity was set up in 2003 and helps young people recovering from cancer to rebuild their confidence through sailing.
Last year the Trust worked with 353 young people, 49 of whom were treated at London hospitals.
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.ellenmacarthurcancertrust.org.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 8 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 9 O’s seeking to end winless run of three games with win over struggling Saddlers
- 10 Man, 19, charged after alleged sexual assaults in Tower Hamlets