Chicksen goes back to Brighton
- Credit: PA ARCHIVE IMAGES
Defender departs Brisbane Road and young Frazer Shaw is expected to get another opportunity now
Leyton Orient have decided not to renew Adam Chicksen’s loan from Brighton & Hove Albion and the defender has returned to the Seagulls.
The 24-year-old moved to Brisbane Road at the beginning of October on an initial one-month deal and made his debut during the 3-1 success over Notts County.
He kept his place at left-back for the remainder of the month and featured five more times, the last of his appearances coming in the one-goal loss to Accrington Stanley on Saturday.
Chicksen helped the O’s draw against Oxford United and Luton Town as well as win at Morecambe, but was disappointing during last weekend’s defeat.
You may also want to watch:
And the former MK Dons man, who had a loan at Orient previously back in 2012, has now returned back to Brighton.
It means Frazer Shaw will have another opportunity to stake a claim for the left-back role after being dropped following the 2-1 reverse to Carlisle United at Brisbane Road on September 29.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
The West Ham United academy graduate has been an unused substitute since that match, but it is expected he will start on Saturday against Staines Town in the FA Cup.
If Shaw impresses it is believed Hendon will keep faith with the youngsters and not look to bring somebody else in on loan so the 20-year-old has a chance to get back in the starting team now.