Child in critical but stable condition after falling from block of flats in Poplar
- Credit: PA
A child has been taken to a specialist hospital after falling from a block of flats in Poplar.
Police were called to East India Dock Road after the youngster - a boy - fell from height from the block shortly before 7pm yesterday (Monday, July 27).
This morning (Tuesday, July 28), Tower Hamlets police said that the child’s condition is believed to be critical but stable.
No arrests have been made.
The road closures between Chrisp Street and Newby Place have been lifted.
You may also want to watch:
Tower Hamlets Police have asked for witnesses or anyone with dash cam footage to call police on 101, quoting ref CAD 6419/27 July.
- 1 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 2 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 3 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 4 Whitechapel lab to research East End's high throat cancer rates
- 5 'Tokyo Olympics? Tough call after Covid,' says Montell Douglas
- 6 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 7 'We need more Covid vaccines,' Tower Hamlets mayor warns
- 8 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 9 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 10 Rabina Khan: What we must do five years on from Brexit referendum