Children celebrate new east End playgrounds
KIDS celebrated national Playday with new playgrounds for East End estates last week. Play Association Tower Hamlets has produced a map showing newly-refurbished parks, adventure playgrounds and City farms where children can go and staff joined children a
KIDS celebrated national Playday with new playgrounds for East End estates last week.
Play Association Tower Hamlets has produced a map showing newly-refurbished parks, adventure playgrounds and City farms where children can go and staff joined children at new playgrounds on Spitalfields estates, including at Brune House in Bell Lane, officially opened by housing association East End Homes on Thursday.
Amy Little, senior campaigns officer at Play England, said: "We know from our own research and from speaking to children, parents, and other adults, that children need freedom and space to play in their own communities, and communities want that to happen.
"Sadly today's children don't have the freedom and space to play enjoyed by their parents and grandparents before them, and that's something we're campaigning to change.
You may also want to watch:
"Playday is an opportunity to get people talking about the issue, to get communities together to support children's play, and most of all to have a lot of fun in the process."
The new play map can be downloaded from the Play Association Tower Hamlets web site www.playtowerhamlets.org.uk
- 1 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 4 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 5 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 6 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 7 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Tokyo 2020: Poplar children have their own 'Olympics'
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?