Children celebrate new east End playgrounds
KIDS celebrated national Playday with new playgrounds for East End estates last week. Play Association Tower Hamlets has produced a map showing newly-refurbished parks, adventure playgrounds and City farms where children can go and staff joined children a
KIDS celebrated national Playday with new playgrounds for East End estates last week.
Play Association Tower Hamlets has produced a map showing newly-refurbished parks, adventure playgrounds and City farms where children can go and staff joined children at new playgrounds on Spitalfields estates, including at Brune House in Bell Lane, officially opened by housing association East End Homes on Thursday.
Amy Little, senior campaigns officer at Play England, said: "We know from our own research and from speaking to children, parents, and other adults, that children need freedom and space to play in their own communities, and communities want that to happen.
"Sadly today's children don't have the freedom and space to play enjoyed by their parents and grandparents before them, and that's something we're campaigning to change.
You may also want to watch:
"Playday is an opportunity to get people talking about the issue, to get communities together to support children's play, and most of all to have a lot of fun in the process."
The new play map can be downloaded from the Play Association Tower Hamlets web site www.playtowerhamlets.org.uk
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 3 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 4 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 5 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 6 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 7 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 8 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'