Children test out new East End playgrounds
THE PIED Piper led children a merry dance to new playgrounds which were officially opened at the end of a sunny half term. Children tested out the new play areas at Creswick Walk and Sheffield Square on the Malmesbury estate in Bow on Saturday before
THE PIED Piper led children a merry dance to new playgrounds which were officially opened at the end of a sunny half term.
Children tested out the new play areas at Creswick Walk and Sheffield Square on the Malmesbury estate in Bow on Saturday before enjoying a garden party at Four Seasons Green off Caxton Grove.
The �150,000 play areas were designed by contractors Bromley by Bow based Green Dreams who worked with residents and Tower Hamlets Homes on the final design.
They have put a boulder play trail and a timber tyre swing up in Sheffield Square and are planning to plant some apple trees
You may also want to watch:
Sheffield Square features a timber tyre swing, a boulder play trail. There are plans to have apple trees there. Youngsters can enjoy hanging about on a climbing wall at Creswick Walk or taking it easy on the stage which doubles up as a sunbathing platform.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 5 'Utterly horrific': Tower Hamlets MPs react to Sir David Amess stabbing
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 7 £18,000 awarded to Bethnal Green church to bring loo up to scratch
- 8 Lock-up garage space in Spitalfields used for social housing
- 9 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 10 Volunteers patrol streets after Isle of Dogs fatal stabbing