Chinese New Year celebrations in Tower Hamlets
- Credit: Archant
Activities will be held across Tower Hamlets to welcome in the Chinese New Year.
The council is supporting a variety of free family friendly events across the borough to celebrate the year of the rat.
Events are set to include a Chinese calligraphy writing stall, a children's water painting workshop, a lion dance performance, martial arts and traditional dance performances, craft workshops, storytelling and fundraising stalls selling Chinese New Year goods.
The activities will run on Saturday, February 1 at the Idea Store in Chrisp Street and on Saturday, February 8 and Sunday, February 9 at the Museum of London Docklands.
All three sessions start at 11.30am and run until 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
These Lunar New Year celebrations are being delivered by the council in partnership with the Chinese Association of Tower Hamlets.
For more details about the activities visit towerhamletsarts.org.uk
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park