Chisenhale school fete kids bounce as mums bid for Ali Noor to cook for them
- Credit: Archant
The kids had a spring in their step bouncing for fun at the school fete while their mums and dads took a global look at fundraising to lay down a new playground.
The parents at the annual summer fete at Bethnal Green’s Chisenhale Primary were busy on Saturday with a world food market with its menus from all four corners of the planet and plenty of stalls selling nick-knacks and bits and bobs.
But most mums were lured to an auction where the top lot up for grabs was culinary whizz Ali Noor preparing a dinner party in their home—and doing the washing up!
They also bid for a personal shopping trip with top designer Rowena Chalmers.
Other lots under the auctioneer’s hammer included tickets to see the acclaimed play ‘The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night’, with their own copy of the script signed by East End playwright Simon Stephens and author Mark Haddon, and a place on an organic gardening session with author Cassie Liversidge with a signed copy of her new book ‘Grow Your Own Ingredients Pasta Sauce’.
You may also want to watch:
All the money raised from the fete is going towards renewing the playground at the Victorian school building near Victoria Park, which is looking a bit rough round the edges.
But the kids were more concerned with the things that really mattered—having a great day’s fun, with the ever-popular bouncy castle the big deal for them.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week