Whitechapel entrepreneur impresses judges including Hollywood actor Ashton Kutcher to win £55k prize
- Credit: Archant
A businesswoman from Whitechapel has won £55,000 to invest in her upcycling catering company after wowing a panel of judges including Hollywood actor Ashton Kutcher.
Chloë Stewart scooped the prize yesterday at the Creator Awards, a global initiative by organisation WeWork which recognises and rewards creators from all over the world.
The 27-year-old is the founder of nibs etc. which fights unnecessary food waste by making breakfast snacks from juice pulp that would be thrown away.
Chloë successfully pitched nibs etc. on-stage to Ashton and the other judges busniesswoman Vanessa Kingori MBE, VOGUE publishing director Michelle Kennedy and app entrepreneur Jonas Templestein.
Chloë said: “I am absolutely overwhelmed. The fact that WeWork is investing in nibs etc. for the second time, is huge!”
You may also want to watch:
“Pulp products are going to be hitting the shelves very soon – watch this space!”
WeWork offers workspaces around the world for up and coming businesses.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals
Eugen Miropolski, managing director of WeWork, Europe, Pacific and China, said, “The Creator Awards hosted more than 35,000 people, created more than 500 jobs, and given away millions in funding to award winners.”