When are the bank holidays this Christmas?
- Credit: PA
Looking forward to having some time off this Christmas?
This year we get to enjoy some extended periods off due to when the bank holidays fall in December and January.
As Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day are on a weekend, the bank holidays have been rearranged for during the week.
This year there will be bank holidays on December 27 and December 28 as substitute days for Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
As New Year's Day also falls on a Saturday, January 3 is given as a bank holiday to make up for it.
In 2022 there are more bank holidays on offer as the Queen's Platinum Jubilee provides us with an extra day off on Friday, June 3.
The usual bank holiday on Monday, May 30, has been moved to Thursday, June 2, to allow for a four-day celebration.
- 1 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 Delayed Canary Wharf 'portacabin' hotel hopes to open in 2022
- 4 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 5 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 6 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 7 Free vegan food at Spitalfields Market
- 8 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 9 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 10 East London man charged with six terrorism offences