Santa to swap his old reindeer sleigh for a speedboat on the Thames at St Katharine Docks
- Credit: Kirsten Holst
Christmas is coming a little early on the Thames with Santa swapping his traditional sleigh for a handy speedboat to switch on the festive lights at St Katharine’s by the Tower.
Father Christmas is bringing his yuletide cheer and twinkling lights on November 21, as he's done in previous years.
He arrives at St Katharine marina to throw the switch to turn the ancient heritage docks into a floating winter wonderland.
The docks are usually loaded with festive activities and quayside activities over Christmas.
This year's entertainment includes a carols performed by children from St Peter's school choir in Wapping and grown-ups from the City of London's chamber choir.
You may also want to watch:
Mulled wine, mince pies and hot chocolate are being served to keep toasty by the waterside.
A "Christmas duck hunt" is also being laid out where players have to seek out one of the 25 ducks hidden around the docks.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 10 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single