Christmas countdown on as Canary Wharf ice rink opens
SCROOGES may want to look away now, but the Christmas countdown begins in Canary Wharf this week.
The Canary Wharf ice rink officially opens to the public on Saturday and will stay in Canada Square Park until February 20.
Open seven days a week, the rink will have a qualified skate instructor on hand and a rinkside bar that has been expanded for 2010/11.
On December 2, Canary Wharf’s Christmas Shopping Extravaganza will see a day of festive entertainment and exclusive promotions and giveaways.
Then two days later Santa will be settled into his grotto at the East Wintergarden, with further appearances every weekend before Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
Camille Waxer, vice-president of retail at Canary Wharf Group, said: “Winter is a special season at Canary Wharf. The festive lights come on, the ice rink opens, the bars, restaurants and shops fill up and there is a real buzz in the air.”
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 4 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 7 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 8 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park