Christmas countdown on as Canary Wharf ice rink opens
SCROOGES may want to look away now, but the Christmas countdown begins in Canary Wharf this week.
The Canary Wharf ice rink officially opens to the public on Saturday and will stay in Canada Square Park until February 20.
Open seven days a week, the rink will have a qualified skate instructor on hand and a rinkside bar that has been expanded for 2010/11.
On December 2, Canary Wharf’s Christmas Shopping Extravaganza will see a day of festive entertainment and exclusive promotions and giveaways.
Then two days later Santa will be settled into his grotto at the East Wintergarden, with further appearances every weekend before Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
Camille Waxer, vice-president of retail at Canary Wharf Group, said: “Winter is a special season at Canary Wharf. The festive lights come on, the ice rink opens, the bars, restaurants and shops fill up and there is a real buzz in the air.”
- 1 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 2 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 5 Leyton Orient agree new deal with defender Dan Happe
- 6 Travel: Roadworks at Shoreditch and Bishopsgate could slow traffic
- 7 Former Leyton Orient striker Lee Angol joins Bradford City
- 8 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 9 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 10 Fear of crime stalked households during Covid lockdown