Christmas countdown on as Canary Wharf ice rink opens
SCROOGES may want to look away now, but the Christmas countdown begins in Canary Wharf this week.
The Canary Wharf ice rink officially opens to the public on Saturday and will stay in Canada Square Park until February 20.
Open seven days a week, the rink will have a qualified skate instructor on hand and a rinkside bar that has been expanded for 2010/11.
On December 2, Canary Wharf’s Christmas Shopping Extravaganza will see a day of festive entertainment and exclusive promotions and giveaways.
Then two days later Santa will be settled into his grotto at the East Wintergarden, with further appearances every weekend before Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
Camille Waxer, vice-president of retail at Canary Wharf Group, said: “Winter is a special season at Canary Wharf. The festive lights come on, the ice rink opens, the bars, restaurants and shops fill up and there is a real buzz in the air.”
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 4 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 5 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 6 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 7 Truman's Brewery future being debated at Tower Hamlets Council
- 8 Rape victim speaks out as Met Police relaunch Ask for Angela scheme
- 9 Councillor ex-husband of MP Apsana Begum suspended from Labour Party
- 10 Call to remain vigilant after gay man killed in park in Mile End