Church rooftop drama sees man arrested
COPS set up a police cordon when a neighbour saw someone on the roof of Bow Church at the weekend. Officers surrounded St Mary s Church in Bow Road around 10pm on Saturday evening and managed to talk the man down from the roof before seizing a quantity of
COPS set up a police cordon when a neighbour saw someone on the roof of Bow Church at the weekend.
Officers surrounded St Mary's Church in Bow Road around 10pm on Saturday evening and managed to talk the man down from the roof before seizing a quantity of roofing lead.
A police spokeswoman said: "Police managed to secure a cordon around the church and following negotiation the male was safely detained as he climbed down from the roof."
- Philipp Doyle, 26, of Glenparke Road, West Ham, has been charged with theft of lead from St Mary's Church roof.
You may also want to watch:
He was remanded in custody to appear at Thames Magistrates Court on Monday.
- 1 Leyton Orient reportedly down to final three candidates
- 2 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 3 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 4 Spitalfields banner unfurled to express solidarity with Palestine
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 7 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 8 Bethnal Green martial arts gym launches fundraiser to expand outreach
- 9 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 10 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs