Church rooftop drama sees man arrested
COPS set up a police cordon when a neighbour saw someone on the roof of Bow Church at the weekend. Officers surrounded St Mary s Church in Bow Road around 10pm on Saturday evening and managed to talk the man down from the roof before seizing a quantity of
COPS set up a police cordon when a neighbour saw someone on the roof of Bow Church at the weekend.
Officers surrounded St Mary's Church in Bow Road around 10pm on Saturday evening and managed to talk the man down from the roof before seizing a quantity of roofing lead.
A police spokeswoman said: "Police managed to secure a cordon around the church and following negotiation the male was safely detained as he climbed down from the roof."
- Philipp Doyle, 26, of Glenparke Road, West Ham, has been charged with theft of lead from St Mary's Church roof.
You may also want to watch:
He was remanded in custody to appear at Thames Magistrates Court on Monday.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 7 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 10 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto