Cisak called up again
- Credit: Archant
Australian set to miss Notts County clash so Charlie Grainger will deputise again
Leyton Orient will be without goalkeeper Alex Cisak for their clash with Notts County at Brisbane Road on October 3 after the Australian received another international call-up.
The 26-year-old was selected for the Socceroos previous squad for their matches against Bangladesh and Tajikistan earlier this month.
Although the Orient stopper didn’t play in either game, he was on the bench for both matches. He missed the O’s Johnstone’s Paint Trophy clash at Luton Town and the League Two away fixture with Exeter City whilst with Australia.
Charlie Grainger deputised for the former Burnley custodian, but he was unable to prevent Ian Hendon’s side losing 2-1 in the cup and 4-0 in the league.
You may also want to watch:
And Cisak will be jet setting again after being called up for Australia’s FIFA World Cup qualifier against Jordan in Amman on Thursday, October 8.
He will fly out to join his international team mates on October 3, however, for a training camp taking place that weekend.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
The Orient number one is likely to be back for their clash with Crawley Town on October 10 at Broadfield Stadium because he will fly back to London on October 9.
It is a blow for Hendon’s men, but offers up another opportunity to Grainger and he’ll be determined to bounce back after the defeat at Exeter last time out.