City Hall looks into 2012 Olympics ticket priority’ for Londoners
CITY Hall has stepped into the debate on whether Londoners should get first choice’ for tickets for the 2012 Olympics. The London Assembly is looking at ticket sales including prices, whether schoolkids get discounts and even risks of ticket fraud
CITY Hall has stepped into the debate on whether Londoners should get first choice’ for tickets for the 2012 Olympics.
The London Assembly’s culture, sport and tourism committee is looking at ticket sales including prices, whether schoolkids should get discounts, how to fill seats at less popular events and even the risks of ticket fraud.
The issues will be hammered out at its public meeting on February 24, with representatives from the O2 Arena and the 2002 Manchester Commonwealth Games joining in.
Committee chair Dee Doocey said: “We want to make sure Londoners’ views are taken into account before organisers make their final decision, given how much we’ve all paid for the 2012 Games.
You may also want to watch:
“There are still crucial questions, such as priority or children’s discounts. The whole process has to be fair and transparent.”
The Assembly has opened an online forum today (Thurs) for the public to have their say and tell the Olympic organisers what they think, ahead of the official announcement of the ticketing strategy later this year.
Nine million tickets go on sale through a ballot next year. Nearly half are likely to be under �20, say organisers, although official prices have not yet been announced.
- 1 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 4 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 5 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 6 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 7 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 8 Mum praises 'amazing' NHS staff who saved 'precious' tot's life
- 9 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 10 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6