City Lady Mayor learns campsite cooking—from the scouts
THE Lady Mayoress of the City of London visited the East End to meet youngsters cooking a campsite meal. Lin Luder and Sheriffs of the City were met by a guard of honour of the 1st City Scout Group at Aldgate’s Sir John Cass Primary
THE Lady Mayoress of the City of London visited the East End to meet youngsters cooking a campsite meal.
Lin Luder and Sheriffs of the City were met by a guard of honour of the 1st City Scout Group at the school gates at Aldgate's Sir John Cass Primary on Thursday.
They were shown demonstrations which included preparing a meal of sweetcorn with quorn and how to put up a tent.
You may also want to watch:
The visit also marked the setting of the second Lord Mayor's challenge which this year is for the troop to walk between the cathedral towns of Peterborough, Ely and Bury St Edmund's over a number of weekends. The scouts are also taking part in this year's Lord Mayor's Show on November 14.
- 1 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 2 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 3 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 4 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 5 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park