City Lady Mayor learns campsite cooking—from the scouts
THE Lady Mayoress of the City of London visited the East End to meet youngsters cooking a campsite meal. Lin Luder and Sheriffs of the City were met by a guard of honour of the 1st City Scout Group at Aldgate’s Sir John Cass Primary
THE Lady Mayoress of the City of London visited the East End to meet youngsters cooking a campsite meal.
Lin Luder and Sheriffs of the City were met by a guard of honour of the 1st City Scout Group at the school gates at Aldgate's Sir John Cass Primary on Thursday.
They were shown demonstrations which included preparing a meal of sweetcorn with quorn and how to put up a tent.
You may also want to watch:
The visit also marked the setting of the second Lord Mayor's challenge which this year is for the troop to walk between the cathedral towns of Peterborough, Ely and Bury St Edmund's over a number of weekends. The scouts are also taking part in this year's Lord Mayor's Show on November 14.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 6 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 7 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End