City workers cook a curry for East End pensioners
CITY workers took time off to cook a curry for pensioners on a housing estate in London’s East End. They got busy in the community hall at Whitechapel’s Collingwood estate to give the pensioners a taste of one of Britain’s favourite dishes
CITY workers took time off to cook a curry for pensioners on a housing estate in London’s East End.
They got busy in the community hall at Whitechapel’s Collingwood estate with the help of youngsters from the neighbourhood to give the pensioners a taste of one of Britain’s favourite dishes.
Staff from developers Hammerson’s Spitalfields HQ donated fresh vegetables from their Bishops Square Garden managed by Spitalfields City Farm.
They served up the dishes to elderly residents and their guests at the community hall, as part of their corporate community programme along with staff from international lawyers Allen & Overy and Deutsche Bank, their neighbours in Bishops Square.
You may also want to watch:
It was also a chance for the pensioners on the estate to meet some City folk and tuck in to a welcome curry on the house.’
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 4 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 6 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 7 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 'Set deadline to remove cladding,' Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 10 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs