City workers cook a curry for East End pensioners
CITY workers took time off to cook a curry for pensioners on a housing estate in London’s East End. They got busy in the community hall at Whitechapel’s Collingwood estate to give the pensioners a taste of one of Britain’s favourite dishes
CITY workers took time off to cook a curry for pensioners on a housing estate in London’s East End.
They got busy in the community hall at Whitechapel’s Collingwood estate with the help of youngsters from the neighbourhood to give the pensioners a taste of one of Britain’s favourite dishes.
Staff from developers Hammerson’s Spitalfields HQ donated fresh vegetables from their Bishops Square Garden managed by Spitalfields City Farm.
They served up the dishes to elderly residents and their guests at the community hall, as part of their corporate community programme along with staff from international lawyers Allen & Overy and Deutsche Bank, their neighbours in Bishops Square.
You may also want to watch:
It was also a chance for the pensioners on the estate to meet some City folk and tuck in to a welcome curry on the house.’
- 1 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 2 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 3 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 4 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 5 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 8 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 9 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 10 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job