Claire cycles 200 miles to Paris for an eyeful of the Eiffel Tower
CLAIRE West left her home in East London to see the sites of Paris—and decided to cycle all the way there on her bike. She took part in a three-day, 200-mile cycle for M�decins du Monde
CLAIRE West left her home in East London to see the sites of Paris—and decided to cycle all the way there on her bike.
She took part in a three-day, 200-mile cycle for M�decins du Monde, the overseas humanitarian medical charity.
Claire was inspired by the tall towers of Canary Wharf near her home on the Isle of Dogs where M�decins du Monde has its UK branch.
But soon she was admiring the tall tower in the French capital—the Eiffel Tower.
You may also want to watch:
“The very first sighting of the Eiffel Tower was an amazing feeling,” she said. “I felt overwhelmed.
- 1 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 4 Green light for £1m in levies to be used for East End fire rescue ladder
- 5 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 6 'Laughing gas central': Call for action on antisocial behaviour
- 7 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Bethnal Green rubbish 'attracts rats' as 'pingdemic' delays collections
- 10 No arrests after triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
“Cycling through the streets of Paris with everyone cheering us on was brilliant.”
Claire had never cycled further than five miles before, let alone non-stop for three days to Paris. She was among 55 cyclists from Britain and France who set off from East London.
They cycled through northern France and regrouped at Bois du Boulogne before cycling through the streets of the French capital to arrive at the Eiffel Tower.