Claire cycles 200 miles to Paris for an eyeful of the Eiffel Tower
CLAIRE West left her home in East London to see the sites of Paris—and decided to cycle all the way there on her bike. She took part in a three-day, 200-mile cycle for M�decins du Monde
CLAIRE West left her home in East London to see the sites of Paris—and decided to cycle all the way there on her bike.
She took part in a three-day, 200-mile cycle for M�decins du Monde, the overseas humanitarian medical charity.
Claire was inspired by the tall towers of Canary Wharf near her home on the Isle of Dogs where M�decins du Monde has its UK branch.
But soon she was admiring the tall tower in the French capital—the Eiffel Tower.
You may also want to watch:
“The very first sighting of the Eiffel Tower was an amazing feeling,” she said. “I felt overwhelmed.
- 1 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 2 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 3 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 4 Trains being tested on Crossrail's Elizabeth line up to four an hour
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 Pedestrian struck by motorcycle in critical condition following Stepney collision
- 7 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire
- 8 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 9 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 10 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
“Cycling through the streets of Paris with everyone cheering us on was brilliant.”
Claire had never cycled further than five miles before, let alone non-stop for three days to Paris. She was among 55 cyclists from Britain and France who set off from East London.
They cycled through northern France and regrouped at Bois du Boulogne before cycling through the streets of the French capital to arrive at the Eiffel Tower.