Clayhall teen joins Bow fundraiser, 101, at global walk challenge launch
- Credit: Dewan Khan
A Clayhall teenager joined London mayor Sadiq Khan and charity hero Dabirul Choudhury at the launch of global challenge Walk with Dabirul.
Tahir Khan, 15, has pledged to run 50km while fasting during Ramadan to raise funds for people suffering with Covid-19 across nearly 50 countries.
The teen was inspired by the work of Dabirul, who followed in Captain Sir Tom Moore's footsteps and walked 50 laps of his garden every day in Bow during Ramadan last year.
He raised more than £420,000 in the process.
Tahir was alongside his 101-year-old hero on Saturday, April 24, as they took the first steps in Walk with Dabirul, with around 10,000 other people in 130 cities across the world joining as well.
Tahir said: "Dabir has inspired many young people like me.
"If Dabir can continue his fight to help needy people than we should be running to help the destitute people of the world. I am so grateful to him to show us the path of empathy and efforts."
To donate to Tahir's fundraiser visit: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/tahir30krun.
- 1 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire
- 2 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 3 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 4 Leyton Orient have announced their retained list as they begin rebuild
- 5 'Halt to development draining services' after win for neighbourhood plan
- 6 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
- 9 Isle of Dogs The Space theatre to open up after lockdown
- 10 MP's fury at four-year delay removing Grenfell-type cladding from block