New 212-room hotel for Whitechapel opens next week by Clayton Group
- Credit: Havas PR
A new 212-room hotel opens in Whitechapel next week with 60 new jobs in the hospitality industry.
The four-star Clayton City of London opens its doors to guests for the first time at 12noon on Thursday.
The building design has been inspired by Victorian textile warehouses and reflects the East End’s fusion of tradition and contemporary creativity with its historic links to the fashion industry.
It is being marketed as “just minutes’ walk from many iconic London landmarks” such as the Tower of London, Brick Lane and Old Spitalfields Market.
The four-star venue in Drum Street off Leman Street, near Aldgate East Underground station, is being added to the Dalata Hotel Group as part of its £91m expansion across London.
You may also want to watch:
It includes a fitness gym, bar with extended 1am licence and grill restaurant with a 24 hour in-room dining option.
The Dalata Group already runs seven hotels including two in London, the others in Cardiff, Leeds, Birmingham, Belfast and Manchester Airport.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 How my seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals
- 6 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
- 10 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower