New 212-room hotel for Whitechapel opens next week by Clayton Group
- Credit: Havas PR
A new 212-room hotel opens in Whitechapel next week with 60 new jobs in the hospitality industry.
The four-star Clayton City of London opens its doors to guests for the first time at 12noon on Thursday.
The building design has been inspired by Victorian textile warehouses and reflects the East End’s fusion of tradition and contemporary creativity with its historic links to the fashion industry.
It is being marketed as “just minutes’ walk from many iconic London landmarks” such as the Tower of London, Brick Lane and Old Spitalfields Market.
The four-star venue in Drum Street off Leman Street, near Aldgate East Underground station, is being added to the Dalata Hotel Group as part of its £91m expansion across London.
You may also want to watch:
It includes a fitness gym, bar with extended 1am licence and grill restaurant with a 24 hour in-room dining option.
The Dalata Group already runs seven hotels including two in London, the others in Cardiff, Leeds, Birmingham, Belfast and Manchester Airport.
- 1 Stepney Green hero volunteering seven days a week since pandemic began
- 2 Arrests as police step up drugs raids
- 3 World Book Day: Notorious football fan 'Mr West Ham' sets record straight
- 4 Why Tower Hamlets should be a 'royal' borough after Covid
- 5 Jailed: East End county lines dealers who peddled heroin and crack cocaine
- 6 'War of words' at Tower Hamlets cabinet meeting stops library closures
- 7 Hunt for three men after 90-year-old's Bethnal Green home is burgled
- 8 Illegal rave raided by police at disused railway arch in Bow
- 9 Chinese embassy: Councillors raise concerns over plans
- 10 How many Covid-19 vaccinations have been given where you live?