Clearing weeds at Vicky Park is too late to save dead swan
Dear Ed, How terrible it was to read the story about the dead swan in Vicky Park. take my four-year-old son over there all the time to feed the ducks, swans and geese
How terrible it was to read the story about the dead swan in Vicky Park ('Swan found dead in Victoria Park lake,' Advertiser Website, August 19.
I take my four-year-old son over there all the time to feed the ducks, swans and geese. I now have to try to explain to him why the birds are suffering for no excusable reason.
Swans are protected by law as they are the Queen's birds. I understand Tower Hamlets council have placed "a number of straw bails" to prevent the weed from forming.
Too late! It's already formed. The correct course of action is to clear it of weed and slime now.
You may also want to watch:
The lake needs to be sorted out by professionals and not council bods chucking straw in.
Talk about shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted! Shame on Tower Hamlets.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
Banbury Road, Hackney