Clearing weeds at Vicky Park is too late to save dead swan
Dear Ed, How terrible it was to read the story about the dead swan in Vicky Park. take my four-year-old son over there all the time to feed the ducks, swans and geese
How terrible it was to read the story about the dead swan in Vicky Park ('Swan found dead in Victoria Park lake,' Advertiser Website, August 19.
I take my four-year-old son over there all the time to feed the ducks, swans and geese. I now have to try to explain to him why the birds are suffering for no excusable reason.
Swans are protected by law as they are the Queen's birds. I understand Tower Hamlets council have placed "a number of straw bails" to prevent the weed from forming.
Too late! It's already formed. The correct course of action is to clear it of weed and slime now.
You may also want to watch:
The lake needs to be sorted out by professionals and not council bods chucking straw in.
Talk about shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted! Shame on Tower Hamlets.
- 1 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 2 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 5 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 8 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Kenny Jackett pleased with pre-season preparations
- 10 Win a pair of Carabao Cup tickets to Leyton Orient vs Queens Park Rangers
Banbury Road, Hackney