Clearing weeds at Vicky Park is too late to save dead swan
Dear Ed, How terrible it was to read the story about the dead swan in Vicky Park. take my four-year-old son over there all the time to feed the ducks, swans and geese
How terrible it was to read the story about the dead swan in Vicky Park ('Swan found dead in Victoria Park lake,' Advertiser Website, August 19.
I take my four-year-old son over there all the time to feed the ducks, swans and geese. I now have to try to explain to him why the birds are suffering for no excusable reason.
Swans are protected by law as they are the Queen's birds. I understand Tower Hamlets council have placed "a number of straw bails" to prevent the weed from forming.
Too late! It's already formed. The correct course of action is to clear it of weed and slime now.
The lake needs to be sorted out by professionals and not council bods chucking straw in.
Talk about shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted! Shame on Tower Hamlets.
- 1 Plan to install gates at canalside development blocked despite ASB concerns
- 2 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 3 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 4 'Ruthless' killer sentenced for Isle of Dogs murder
- 5 Man 'seriously injured' after e-scooter fall
- 6 Thames Water: Hosepipe ban announced for London and Thames Valley
- 7 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 8 Teenager, 17, arrested after car crashes into Bow apartment building
- 9 Man reportedly 'chased by moped rider with large knife' in Poplar
- 10 Investigation under way after fire and explosion at Shoreditch block
Banbury Road, Hackney