Clearing weeds at Vicky Park is too late to save dead swan
Dear Ed, How terrible it was to read the story about the dead swan in Vicky Park. take my four-year-old son over there all the time to feed the ducks, swans and geese
How terrible it was to read the story about the dead swan in Vicky Park ('Swan found dead in Victoria Park lake,' Advertiser Website, August 19.
I take my four-year-old son over there all the time to feed the ducks, swans and geese. I now have to try to explain to him why the birds are suffering for no excusable reason.
Swans are protected by law as they are the Queen's birds. I understand Tower Hamlets council have placed "a number of straw bails" to prevent the weed from forming.
Too late! It's already formed. The correct course of action is to clear it of weed and slime now.
You may also want to watch:
The lake needs to be sorted out by professionals and not council bods chucking straw in.
Talk about shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted! Shame on Tower Hamlets.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 3 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 4 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 5 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 6 Brigade issues fire safety warning after Limehouse studio blaze
- 7 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 8 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 9 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 10 Khalid Ali couldn't hide delight after winning start against Dean Wilkinson
Banbury Road, Hackney