Clearing weeds at Vicky Park is too late to save dead swan
Dear Ed, How terrible it was to read the story about the dead swan in Vicky Park. take my four-year-old son over there all the time to feed the ducks, swans and geese
How terrible it was to read the story about the dead swan in Vicky Park ('Swan found dead in Victoria Park lake,' Advertiser Website, August 19.
I take my four-year-old son over there all the time to feed the ducks, swans and geese. I now have to try to explain to him why the birds are suffering for no excusable reason.
Swans are protected by law as they are the Queen's birds. I understand Tower Hamlets council have placed "a number of straw bails" to prevent the weed from forming.
Too late! It's already formed. The correct course of action is to clear it of weed and slime now.
You may also want to watch:
The lake needs to be sorted out by professionals and not council bods chucking straw in.
Talk about shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted! Shame on Tower Hamlets.
- 1 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 2 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire
- 3 MP's fury at four-year delay removing Grenfell-type cladding from block
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Leyton Orient have announced their retained list as they begin rebuild
- 6 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 7 'Halt to development draining services' after win for neighbourhood plan
- 8 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 9 Leyton Orient have a big summer ahead of them insists director Ling
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
Banbury Road, Hackney