Clipper scheme launched at London Dock by St George City developers
- Credit: St George East
Developers are finally unwrapping their scheme for what they plan to do with Murdoch’s former News International ‘Fortress Wapping’ site in east London.
The Clipper Wharf scheme is being launched on Saturday at the London Dock marketing suite in Pennington Street, with its Manhatten-style apartments selling from £660,000 for a one-bedroom flat.
The development by St George City also includes two-bed, three-bed and penthouse apartments, with hotel-style facilities such as 24-hour concierge, communal lounge, car parking and a health and fitness complex with a gym, swimming pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, squash court and virtual golf.
It follows 12 months of planning after Tower Hamlets Council gave the London Dock rejuvenation the green light in March last year.
“Clipper Wharf is in a prime position at London Dock,” St George City managing director Craig Carson said.
You may also want to watch:
“It will overlook the centrepiece Gauging Square, with its shops, bars and restaurants.”
The site just minutes’ walk from St Katharine’s Docks, Tower Bridge and the Tower of London is to have 1,800 homes in a mix of tenures including social rent and first-time buyer, a 26-storey residential tower, 210,000sq ft commercial space, six acres of public space including a new civic square, a 1,000ft-long promenade and a quayside pedestrian street.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
Land is provided for a new Tower Hamlets secondary school for 1,200 pupils in the future.
St George City is part of the Berkeley Group and has put 8,730 new homes, 836,000sq ft of commercial space and 83,000sq ft of community space on the market since 2000, mainly brownfield land.