Comedy festival featuring Alan Davies and Al Murray moving from Greenwich to Brick Lane
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Comedy fans will be laughing all the way to the brewery next month as one of London’s most famous festivals relocates to the East End.
Greenwich Comedy Festival is set to relocate to Allen Gardens behind Brick Lane’s iconic Truman Brewery this summer, bringing with it a host of big name stand-ups.
The four day extravaganza - now renamed the Brick Lane Comedy Festival - boasts a line-up including the ‘pub landlord’ Al Murray, QI regular Alan Davies, and Irish stand-up Ed Byrne.
Organiser Cass Briggs said of the new location: “After some hunting around we came across Allen Gardens - it’s a brilliant location and we’re really excited about bringing our festival to an all new space.
“We’re also looking forward to being so central, it opens the festival up to so many more people and the tickets are selling extremely well, although that’s no doubt down to the line up too!”
You may also want to watch:
The festival has been forced to relocate from its previous home at the Old Royal Naval College.
The move is down to a new events policy which limits the amount of time and space available for festivals on the site. Organisers insisted the reduction would stop them putting on the show they were hoping to, describing the decision as “totally out of our control”.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 9 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 10 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
The festival will be held from July 10-14 at Allen Gardens in Buxton Street. For tickets and more information visit: www.bricklanecomedyfestival.co.uk