Comic Geraint De Carvacho, 11, jokes his way to a Jack Petchey award
- Credit: Petchey Foundation
Geraint De Carvacho at 11 is a bit of a comic who can ‘think outside the box’ which has won him a Jack Petchey award.
He has been named one of the most creative members of the East End’s Young and Talented theatre school.
Geraint’s award was made for his “commitment and ability” in his role with the school including its last production ‘Viva Eastender!’ when he stole the show with his ‘bad’ stand-up comedian character.
He made the audience burst with laughter delivering an outstanding performance every night, the Petchey judges learned.
Geraint’s £200 award has been spent on a camcorder to film the theatre students’ work at the school which operates at Bethnal Green’s Oxford House community centre.
You may also want to watch:
He was among 95 youngsters from all over east London and Essex receiving Achievement awards at Ilford’s Kenneth More theatre earlier this month, nominated by their peers and leaders for various achievements—but mostly for doing their best.
The Petchey Foundation was set up in 1999 to recognise contributions youngsters make to society and has put up £75 million for 2,000 youth projects.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 4 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 5 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 6 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 7 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 8 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 10 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin