Community centre has official launch this evening
A COMMUNITY centre offering after school classes is holding its official launch party this evening. The Hind Grove Cultural and Community Association will now be running its own centre on the Hind Grove Estate in Poplar.
A COMMUNITY centre offering after school classes is holding its official launch party this evening.
The Hind Grove Cultural and Community Association will now be running its own centre on the Hind Grove Estate in Poplar, which will be celebrated with food and drinks at 6pm.
The association has already been running after school classes at the Hind Grove Community Hall, but will now be running its own centre in Pigott Street.
Local councillors and the Poplar Harca housing association management team, which owns the venue have been invited. Speeches will be given.
You may also want to watch:
The association will now be running its after school Bengali mother tongue and English classes from the new venue. It also hopes to introduce a tea room for elderly people and youth club at weekends.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park