Community centre has official launch this evening
A COMMUNITY centre offering after school classes is holding its official launch party this evening. The Hind Grove Cultural and Community Association will now be running its own centre on the Hind Grove Estate in Poplar.
A COMMUNITY centre offering after school classes is holding its official launch party this evening.
The Hind Grove Cultural and Community Association will now be running its own centre on the Hind Grove Estate in Poplar, which will be celebrated with food and drinks at 6pm.
The association has already been running after school classes at the Hind Grove Community Hall, but will now be running its own centre in Pigott Street.
Local councillors and the Poplar Harca housing association management team, which owns the venue have been invited. Speeches will be given.
You may also want to watch:
The association will now be running its after school Bengali mother tongue and English classes from the new venue. It also hopes to introduce a tea room for elderly people and youth club at weekends.
- 1 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 2 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 3 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Theo Archibald on loan from Lincoln City
- 5 Highest point reached on new homes in disused Bethnal Green car park
- 6 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 7 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 8 Thames Path voted UK's No one for walking — even if blocked in places
- 9 Bidding for Harry Kane's signed jersey open in Wapping Youth FC auction
- 10 ‘Humanitarian disaster’ food shortage for East End families in poverty