Community centre has official launch this evening
A COMMUNITY centre offering after school classes is holding its official launch party this evening. The Hind Grove Cultural and Community Association will now be running its own centre on the Hind Grove Estate in Poplar.
A COMMUNITY centre offering after school classes is holding its official launch party this evening.
The Hind Grove Cultural and Community Association will now be running its own centre on the Hind Grove Estate in Poplar, which will be celebrated with food and drinks at 6pm.
The association has already been running after school classes at the Hind Grove Community Hall, but will now be running its own centre in Pigott Street.
Local councillors and the Poplar Harca housing association management team, which owns the venue have been invited. Speeches will be given.
You may also want to watch:
The association will now be running its after school Bengali mother tongue and English classes from the new venue. It also hopes to introduce a tea room for elderly people and youth club at weekends.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 8 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 9 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 10 Man, 19, charged after alleged sexual assaults in Tower Hamlets