Community organisers needed in Bethnal Green
Community organisers are being recruited in Bethnal Green to help bring residents together.
St Margaret’s House has been selected to train four volunteers as part of a government scheme to help build networks and tackle issues which are important to the community.
The successful candidates will undergo training with Re:Generate and will be given a catchment area in which to develop their skills.
Applicants should be resourceful, outgoing people with a wide range of practical skills and will be paid to create projects which make the neighbourhood a better place to live.
Tony Hardie, director of St. Margaret’s House, said: “We’re really pleased that Bethnal Green is going to be one of the next areas for the community organisers scheme. There are so many people out there who are dedicated, motivated and really care about making their neighbourhood a better place to be.”
You may also want to watch:
Recruitment is open until the end of the month. For information call Tony on 020 8980 2092.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 4 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 7 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 8 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 9 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 10 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel