Community support officer receives public servant award
AN Isle of Dogs police community support officer received a Public Servant 2010 award on November 30.
Abdul Salik, from the Blackwall and Cubitt Town Safer Neighbourhoods Team, was recognised at an awards ceremony at the Clifton restaurant in Westferry Road, attended by Mayor Lutfur Rahman.
PCSO Salik said: “I was very privileged to receive this award.
“I enjoy working with the local community.”
PS Tony Burton from the Safer Neighbourhoods Team said: “I am very proud of PCSO Salik. He frequently demonstrates his high levels of commitment to the area.
You may also want to watch:
“He is the kind of officer that is prepared to ‘go the extra mile’ and get things done.”
The awards were hosted by the Bangladeshi Welfare Organisation, One Housing Group and the Canary Wharf Estate.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 3 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 4 'Utterly horrific': Tower Hamlets MPs react to Sir David Amess stabbing
- 5 £18,000 awarded to Bethnal Green church to bring loo up to scratch
- 6 Lock-up garage space in Spitalfields used for social housing
- 7 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 8 Volunteers patrol streets after Isle of Dogs fatal stabbing
- 9 Police called as furious families told to quit Bow's 'dangerous' block
- 10 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder