Community support officer receives public servant award
AN Isle of Dogs police community support officer received a Public Servant 2010 award on November 30.
Abdul Salik, from the Blackwall and Cubitt Town Safer Neighbourhoods Team, was recognised at an awards ceremony at the Clifton restaurant in Westferry Road, attended by Mayor Lutfur Rahman.
PCSO Salik said: “I was very privileged to receive this award.
“I enjoy working with the local community.”
PS Tony Burton from the Safer Neighbourhoods Team said: “I am very proud of PCSO Salik. He frequently demonstrates his high levels of commitment to the area.
You may also want to watch:
“He is the kind of officer that is prepared to ‘go the extra mile’ and get things done.”
The awards were hosted by the Bangladeshi Welfare Organisation, One Housing Group and the Canary Wharf Estate.
- 1 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 2 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 3 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 4 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 5 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 6 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 9 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 10 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears