Commuters face Tube strike delays
COMMUTERS took buses, bikes or walked to work as union members staged their third Tube strike over threatened job losses.
Many lines are part suspended or running a special service and some stations across the Underground network, including Bethnal Green on the Central line, are closed leading to confusion for some passengers.
The RMT and TSSA unions are calling for London mayor Boris Johnson to halt the proposed job cuts.
Transport for London (TfL) said more than 40 per cent of the Tube services are operating with 70 per cent of the stations across the network being served.
TfL said services are currently operating as follows:
You may also want to watch:
A special service is operating across the full on the Northern line, although some stations are currently closed.
A service is operating along the full Victoria line
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 6 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 7 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
The Jubilee line is operating a service between Stratford to Wembley Park.
The Waterloo and City line is now operating a service
The Bakerloo line is operating between Queen’s Park and Elephant & Castle.
The District line is operating between Upminster and Ealing Broadway / Wimbledon.
The Metropolitan line is operating between Moorgate and all branches of the line.
The Piccadilly line is operating Finsbury Park to Cockfosters, and Heathrow 123 to Acton Town.
A service is now running across the length of the Central line.
The Hammersmith & City line is operating between Hammersmith and Edgware Road.
The Circle line is suspended.