Commuters face Tube strike delays
COMMUTERS took buses, bikes or walked to work as union members staged their third Tube strike over threatened job losses.
Many lines are part suspended or running a special service and some stations across the Underground network, including Bethnal Green on the Central line, are closed leading to confusion for some passengers.
The RMT and TSSA unions are calling for London mayor Boris Johnson to halt the proposed job cuts.
Transport for London (TfL) said more than 40 per cent of the Tube services are operating with 70 per cent of the stations across the network being served.
TfL said services are currently operating as follows:
A special service is operating across the full on the Northern line, although some stations are currently closed.
A service is operating along the full Victoria line
- 1 Canary Wharf Underground station stabbing leaves man in hospital
- 2 Investigation under way after fire and explosion at Shoreditch block
- 3 'Ruthless' killer sentenced for Isle of Dogs murder
- 4 Ongoing gas leak after fire and explosion in Shoreditch
- 5 Teenager, 17, arrested after car crashes into Bow apartment building
- 6 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 7 Man reportedly 'chased by moped rider with large knife' in Poplar
- 8 Man convicted of stabbing Mohamed Ensser to death on Isle of Dogs
- 9 'Large' cannabis factory discovered in former police station
- 10 'Hello Mum' - WhatsApp scammers posing as children steal over £1.5m
The Jubilee line is operating a service between Stratford to Wembley Park.
The Waterloo and City line is now operating a service
The Bakerloo line is operating between Queen’s Park and Elephant & Castle.
The District line is operating between Upminster and Ealing Broadway / Wimbledon.
The Metropolitan line is operating between Moorgate and all branches of the line.
The Piccadilly line is operating Finsbury Park to Cockfosters, and Heathrow 123 to Acton Town.
A service is now running across the length of the Central line.
The Hammersmith & City line is operating between Hammersmith and Edgware Road.
The Circle line is suspended.