Commuters facing train delays on Greater Anglia line
- Credit: Archant
Train users are facing delays this morning after engineering works overran on the Shenfield to Liverpool Street line.
Services from Shenfield are only running as far as Stratford, with a separate service running from there to Liverpool Street .
Greater Anglia says delays of up to 10 minutes are affecting those trying to get into London.
One platform at Liverpool Street remains out of action.
A Network Rail spokesperson said: “We maximise the opportunities at night when trains are not running to carry out our work, so that we keep rail passengers moving.
You may also want to watch:
“However, on this occasion our work took longer than planned and unfortunately, disrupted mainline and metro services between Shenfield and Liverpool Street this morning.”
Greater Anglia said the fault would be “fully repaired overnight tonight.”
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 'Grief and queer coming of age' theatre show to be put on for London Horror Festival
- 7 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 8 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences