Commuters stranded as women threatens to jump in front of train
Hundreds of commuters were held up at an East End train station this morning when a woman threatened to jump in front of a train. Police managed to persuade the woman not to jump from the concourse above the tracks at All Saints DLR station in Poplar afte
Hundreds of commuters were held up at an East End train station this morning when a woman threatened to jump in front of a train.
Police managed to persuade the woman not to jump from the concourse above the tracks at All Saints DLR station in Poplar after being called to the station at 7.30am.
A British Transport Police spokesman said: "The woman, who did not sustain any injuries as a result of the incident, was detained under the Mental Health Act and taken to hospital."
Firefighters and a specialist rescue unit from Poplar and Millwall fire-stations,
You may also want to watch:
along with paramedics from the London Ambulance Service. were on stand-by during the incident. The station which closed during the incident re-opened at 8.19am.
- 1 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 2 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 5 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 9 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 10 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road