Commuters stranded as women threatens to jump in front of train
Hundreds of commuters were held up at an East End train station this morning when a woman threatened to jump in front of a train. Police managed to persuade the woman not to jump from the concourse above the tracks at All Saints DLR station in Poplar afte
Hundreds of commuters were held up at an East End train station this morning when a woman threatened to jump in front of a train.
Police managed to persuade the woman not to jump from the concourse above the tracks at All Saints DLR station in Poplar after being called to the station at 7.30am.
A British Transport Police spokesman said: "The woman, who did not sustain any injuries as a result of the incident, was detained under the Mental Health Act and taken to hospital."
Firefighters and a specialist rescue unit from Poplar and Millwall fire-stations,
You may also want to watch:
along with paramedics from the London Ambulance Service. were on stand-by during the incident. The station which closed during the incident re-opened at 8.19am.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 4 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 5 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 6 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 7 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 8 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block