Construction training opportunity for young people in Olympic host boroughs
42 Olympic jobs A charity is calling on young people from the 2012 Olympic host boroughs to register for a free construction training programme. The Construction Youth Trust is working with the Olympic Delivery Authority and Olympic building contractors
42 Olympic jobs
A charity is calling on young people from the 2012 Olympic host boroughs to register for a free construction training programme.
The Construction Youth Trust is working with the Olympic Delivery Authority and Olympic building contractors to help ensure a pool of suitable local apprentices are available to work on the Olympic site.
The trust is therefore calling on young people, aged 16 to 19, living in living in Tower Hamlets, Hackney, Newham, Waltham Forest and Greenwich, who want to learn about employment opportunities in construction, to the part in the programme.
You may also want to watch:
The course will last a maximum of five days and will take place in East London from 26th October onwards. All applicants will also be invited to attend an introduction to the course on October 16.
Those taking part will each be individually assessed by a trainer and placed on the course that best matches their needs. Participants will also be able to apply for a travel bursary.
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 10 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
Interviews will be hosted by building contractor Westfield at their training centre in Stratford.
For more info please contact Iain Gambardella on Tel. 020 8221 7137 or Iain.Gambardella@westfield-uk.com