Construction training opportunity for young people in Olympic host boroughs
42 Olympic jobs A charity is calling on young people from the 2012 Olympic host boroughs to register for a free construction training programme. The Construction Youth Trust is working with the Olympic Delivery Authority and Olympic building contractors
42 Olympic jobs
A charity is calling on young people from the 2012 Olympic host boroughs to register for a free construction training programme.
The Construction Youth Trust is working with the Olympic Delivery Authority and Olympic building contractors to help ensure a pool of suitable local apprentices are available to work on the Olympic site.
The trust is therefore calling on young people, aged 16 to 19, living in living in Tower Hamlets, Hackney, Newham, Waltham Forest and Greenwich, who want to learn about employment opportunities in construction, to the part in the programme.
You may also want to watch:
The course will last a maximum of five days and will take place in East London from 26th October onwards. All applicants will also be invited to attend an introduction to the course on October 16.
Those taking part will each be individually assessed by a trainer and placed on the course that best matches their needs. Participants will also be able to apply for a travel bursary.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 6 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 7 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 8 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 9 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 10 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
Interviews will be hosted by building contractor Westfield at their training centre in Stratford.
For more info please contact Iain Gambardella on Tel. 020 8221 7137 or Iain.Gambardella@westfield-uk.com