Construction training opportunity for young people in Olympic host boroughs
42 Olympic jobs A charity is calling on young people from the 2012 Olympic host boroughs to register for a free construction training programme. The Construction Youth Trust is working with the Olympic Delivery Authority and Olympic building contractors
42 Olympic jobs
A charity is calling on young people from the 2012 Olympic host boroughs to register for a free construction training programme.
The Construction Youth Trust is working with the Olympic Delivery Authority and Olympic building contractors to help ensure a pool of suitable local apprentices are available to work on the Olympic site.
The trust is therefore calling on young people, aged 16 to 19, living in living in Tower Hamlets, Hackney, Newham, Waltham Forest and Greenwich, who want to learn about employment opportunities in construction, to the part in the programme.
You may also want to watch:
The course will last a maximum of five days and will take place in East London from 26th October onwards. All applicants will also be invited to attend an introduction to the course on October 16.
Those taking part will each be individually assessed by a trainer and placed on the course that best matches their needs. Participants will also be able to apply for a travel bursary.
- 1 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 2 Leyton Orient reportedly down to final three candidates
- 3 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 4 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 5 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 8 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 9 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 10 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
Interviews will be hosted by building contractor Westfield at their training centre in Stratford.
For more info please contact Iain Gambardella on Tel. 020 8221 7137 or Iain.Gambardella@westfield-uk.com