Consultation launches into Tower Hamlets bus route changes
- Credit: Vickie Flores/Archant
Bus services across the borough could change under Transport for London’s plans to create better links with the Elizabeth line.
A consultation on the plans has opened and is set to run until September.
Two options have been put forward for rerouting the 115 between Commercial Road and Aldgate, allowing it to call at Whitechapel station.
Option one is via Jubilee Street, Stepney Way, Sidney Street and Whitechapel Road in both directions.
Option two is the same as option one but running via Stepney Way westbound only and Ashfield Street eastbound.
You may also want to watch:
Another plan sees route 25, which runs from Ilford to Oxford Circus via Aldgate, Whitechapel and Mile End, run only as far as Holborn.
For more information and to take part in the consultation, visit consultations.tfl.gov.uk/buses/elizabethline
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided