contest for East End photos
SNAPPERS are being encouraged to enter photos in a contest featuring pictures of East London. The competition My East End will be judged by a panel including Limehouse based actor Steven Berkoff, East End writer Gilda O Neill, photographer Martin Par
SNAPPERS are being encouraged to enter photos in a contest featuring pictures of East London.
The competition My East End will be judged by a panel including Limehouse based actor Steven Berkoff, East End writer Gilda O' Neill, photographer Martin Parr from the world renowned Magnum picture agency and Guardian Weekend Magazine picture editor Kate Edwards.
The competition is open to amateurs and professionals and there are categories for children aged four to 11 and from 12 to 17.
Winning entries will go on display at the Geffrye Museum in Kingsland Road and Four Corners in Roman Road.
You may also want to watch:
The closing date is Wednesday April 30.
Up for grabs are cameras and photographic equipment.
- 1 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 2 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire
- 3 MP's fury at four-year delay removing Grenfell-type cladding from block
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Leyton Orient have announced their retained list as they begin rebuild
- 6 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 7 'Halt to development draining services' after win for neighbourhood plan
- 8 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 9 Leyton Orient have a big summer ahead of them insists director Ling
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
Photos can be uploaded on the website www.myeastend.org.uk or to My East End competition, Bishopsgate Institute, 230 Bishopsgate, London EC2M 4QH.