contest for East End photos
SNAPPERS are being encouraged to enter photos in a contest featuring pictures of East London. The competition My East End will be judged by a panel including Limehouse based actor Steven Berkoff, East End writer Gilda O Neill, photographer Martin Par
SNAPPERS are being encouraged to enter photos in a contest featuring pictures of East London.
The competition My East End will be judged by a panel including Limehouse based actor Steven Berkoff, East End writer Gilda O' Neill, photographer Martin Parr from the world renowned Magnum picture agency and Guardian Weekend Magazine picture editor Kate Edwards.
The competition is open to amateurs and professionals and there are categories for children aged four to 11 and from 12 to 17.
Winning entries will go on display at the Geffrye Museum in Kingsland Road and Four Corners in Roman Road.
You may also want to watch:
The closing date is Wednesday April 30.
Up for grabs are cameras and photographic equipment.
- 1 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 5 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 6 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 9 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 10 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
Photos can be uploaded on the website www.myeastend.org.uk or to My East End competition, Bishopsgate Institute, 230 Bishopsgate, London EC2M 4QH.