contest for East End photos
SNAPPERS are being encouraged to enter photos in a contest featuring pictures of East London. The competition My East End will be judged by a panel including Limehouse based actor Steven Berkoff, East End writer Gilda O Neill, photographer Martin Par
SNAPPERS are being encouraged to enter photos in a contest featuring pictures of East London.
The competition My East End will be judged by a panel including Limehouse based actor Steven Berkoff, East End writer Gilda O' Neill, photographer Martin Parr from the world renowned Magnum picture agency and Guardian Weekend Magazine picture editor Kate Edwards.
The competition is open to amateurs and professionals and there are categories for children aged four to 11 and from 12 to 17.
Winning entries will go on display at the Geffrye Museum in Kingsland Road and Four Corners in Roman Road.
You may also want to watch:
The closing date is Wednesday April 30.
Up for grabs are cameras and photographic equipment.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
Photos can be uploaded on the website www.myeastend.org.uk or to My East End competition, Bishopsgate Institute, 230 Bishopsgate, London EC2M 4QH.