Convicted sex offender admits cruelty of 4-week-old baby
A CONVICTED sex offender who neglected a newborn baby by failing to seek medical attention for the child’s horrific broke bone injuries is behind bars. He fell below the radar’ of Tower Hamlets social services in East London
A CONVICTED sex offender who neglected a newborn baby by failing to seek medical attention for the child’s horrific broke bone injuries is behind bars.
He fell below the radar’ of Tower Hamlets social services in East London.
The 21-year-old was “unknown” to services during the time he allowed the three-week-old girl in his care, even though he had been jailed three years ago for sex offences with a teenage girl.
You may also want to watch:
The baby had four broken ribs and a damaged ankle while in his care at an address in Poplar, it has emerged this week.
Now Town Hall officials are looking into the case after the man was sentenced last week to 12 months’ jail after he admitted child cruelty.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 5 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 6 'Utterly horrific': Tower Hamlets MPs react to Sir David Amess stabbing
- 7 £18,000 awarded to Bethnal Green church to bring loo up to scratch
- 8 Lock-up garage space in Spitalfields used for social housing
- 9 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 10 Volunteers patrol streets after Isle of Dogs fatal stabbing
They are considering seeking a care order through the courts, it is understood.
Prosecutors at his trial failed to establish whether he or his 20-year-old girlfriend were directly responsible for the baby’s injuries. Both were cleared of GBH with intent on the judge’s direction at Snaresbrook crown court.