Convicted sex offender admits cruelty of 4-week-old baby
A CONVICTED sex offender who neglected a newborn baby by failing to seek medical attention for the child’s horrific broke bone injuries is behind bars. He fell below the radar’ of Tower Hamlets social services in East London
A CONVICTED sex offender who neglected a newborn baby by failing to seek medical attention for the child’s horrific broke bone injuries is behind bars.
He fell below the radar’ of Tower Hamlets social services in East London.
The 21-year-old was “unknown” to services during the time he allowed the three-week-old girl in his care, even though he had been jailed three years ago for sex offences with a teenage girl.
You may also want to watch:
The baby had four broken ribs and a damaged ankle while in his care at an address in Poplar, it has emerged this week.
Now Town Hall officials are looking into the case after the man was sentenced last week to 12 months’ jail after he admitted child cruelty.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
They are considering seeking a care order through the courts, it is understood.
Prosecutors at his trial failed to establish whether he or his 20-year-old girlfriend were directly responsible for the baby’s injuries. Both were cleared of GBH with intent on the judge’s direction at Snaresbrook crown court.