Convoy of aid vehicles leaves London for Gaza
A CONVOY of more than 100 vehicles carrying medical, humanitarian and educational supplies will leave London tomorrow bound for Gaza. The Viva Palestina convoy named The Return to Gaza will include old ambulances and humanitarian aid. Early this year t
A CONVOY of more than 100 vehicles carrying medical, humanitarian and educational supplies will leave London tomorrow bound for Gaza.
The Viva Palestina convoy named 'The Return to Gaza' will include old ambulances and humanitarian aid.
Early this year the campaign drove 107 vehicles, 255 people and over �1 million worth of aid to Gaza.
The convoy, the brainchild of MP George Galloway, is being organised with the Palestine Solidarity Campaign and is supported by Stop the War Campaign.
You may also want to watch:
The convoy aims to cross the Rafah border into Gaza on December 27 marking the first anniversary of the beginning of Israel's land and air attack on Gaza.
Aid will be delivered to non-governmental organisation working in Gaza and 'solidarity' links built with schools and hospitals. All convoy vehicles will be left in Gaza, and drivers will fly back from Egypt.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 4 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 7 Poplar and Limehouse MP's trial on housing fraud charges set to start
- 8 'Laughing gas central': Call for action on antisocial behaviour
- 9 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
The convoy will drive more than 3,000 miles through Europe, Turkey and the Middle East crossing seven borders. Greece and Turkey will host cultural events for convoy drivers and passengers as they pass through.
To drop off aid items for Gaza contact Riaz on 07956 525 727
To find out what is needed visit www.palestinecampaign.org/Index5bwide.asp?m_id=1&l1_id=79&l2_id=84