Convoy of aid vehicles leaves London for Gaza
A CONVOY of more than 100 vehicles carrying medical, humanitarian and educational supplies will leave London tomorrow bound for Gaza. The Viva Palestina convoy named The Return to Gaza will include old ambulances and humanitarian aid. Early this year t
A CONVOY of more than 100 vehicles carrying medical, humanitarian and educational supplies will leave London tomorrow bound for Gaza.
The Viva Palestina convoy named 'The Return to Gaza' will include old ambulances and humanitarian aid.
Early this year the campaign drove 107 vehicles, 255 people and over �1 million worth of aid to Gaza.
The convoy, the brainchild of MP George Galloway, is being organised with the Palestine Solidarity Campaign and is supported by Stop the War Campaign.
You may also want to watch:
The convoy aims to cross the Rafah border into Gaza on December 27 marking the first anniversary of the beginning of Israel's land and air attack on Gaza.
Aid will be delivered to non-governmental organisation working in Gaza and 'solidarity' links built with schools and hospitals. All convoy vehicles will be left in Gaza, and drivers will fly back from Egypt.
- 1 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 2 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 3 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 8 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
The convoy will drive more than 3,000 miles through Europe, Turkey and the Middle East crossing seven borders. Greece and Turkey will host cultural events for convoy drivers and passengers as they pass through.
To drop off aid items for Gaza contact Riaz on 07956 525 727
To find out what is needed visit www.palestinecampaign.org/Index5bwide.asp?m_id=1&l1_id=79&l2_id=84