Cops appeal for attacker's identity
by Victoria Huntley POLICE have released CCTV footage of a teenager they believe was involved in an attempted rape of a young mum as she pushed her baby son through a par
POLICE have released CCTV footage of a teenager they believe was involved in an attempted rape of a young mum as she pushed her baby son through a park.
The 32-year-old victim was on her way to meet friends at Mudchute Farm at 3pm on Monday, July 13 when she was pounced on by a teenager from behind.
Having knocked over the buggy, he pinned her to the ground and threatened to rape her before she managed to wrestle him off.
Both the woman and her son escaped unharmed, but the incident increased fears for people walking near to Mudchute DLR station.
You may also want to watch:
Police are now circulating CCTV images off a y0oung man they believe could be responsible for the attack.
Det Con Iain McLindon said: "This person is a line of enquiry and we want to identify him.
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 4 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 5 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 6 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 7 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 8 Councillor ex-husband of MP Apsana Begum suspended from Labour Party
- 9 Truman's Brewery future being debated at Tower Hamlets Council
- 10 Call to remain vigilant after gay man killed in park in Mile End
"Hopefully from these images we will be able to find out who he is. Someone must know him; he must be someone's neighbour."
The suspect is described as white, 15 or 16 years old, 5ft 1ins tall, with short brown hair.
He was of skinny build and wore blue trousers and a hooded top.
Police are appealing for anyone with information to contact DC Iain McLindon or DS Cliff Jones on 020 7275 3948 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.