Cops appeal to solve mystery of man’s death in East End street
DETECIVES are still trying to unravel the unexplained death of a 30-year-old in the streets of London’s East End nearly a month ago. They have renewed their appeal today for witnesses who may know or why Slovak migrant Jozef Alexy met his death at at 3am on November 9
DETECIVES are still trying to unravel the unexplained death of a 30-year-old in the streets of London’s East End nearly a month ago.
They have renewed their appeal today for witnesses who may know or why Slovak migrant Jozef Alexy met his death at Cleveland Way, off Mile End Road, at 3am on November 9.
He was found collapsed on the pavement. An ambulance crew tried reviving him, but he died in the street before they could get him to the Royal London Hospital nearby. A post mortem carried out the next day was inconclusive.
An inquest opened at Poplar Coroner’s Court on November 12 and was adjourned to December 15.
You may also want to watch:
“Jozef’s death is being treated as unexplained,” said Det Ins Clive Heys.
“But we know he was involved in an altercation in Cleveland Way at about 2.50am, shortly before his death.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
“CCTV cameras show two people walking down the street at the time and may be able to provide important information. We are keen to trace them.”
Anyone who was in Cleveland Way at around 2.50am on November 9 or anyone with information is being urged to call the incident room on 020-8721 4868, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
Three men arrested following Josef’s death have been bailed to return pending further enquiries.