Cops appeal to solve mystery of man’s death in East End street
DETECIVES are still trying to unravel the unexplained death of a 30-year-old in the streets of London’s East End nearly a month ago. They have renewed their appeal today for witnesses who may know or why Slovak migrant Jozef Alexy met his death at at 3am on November 9
DETECIVES are still trying to unravel the unexplained death of a 30-year-old in the streets of London’s East End nearly a month ago.
They have renewed their appeal today for witnesses who may know or why Slovak migrant Jozef Alexy met his death at Cleveland Way, off Mile End Road, at 3am on November 9.
He was found collapsed on the pavement. An ambulance crew tried reviving him, but he died in the street before they could get him to the Royal London Hospital nearby. A post mortem carried out the next day was inconclusive.
An inquest opened at Poplar Coroner’s Court on November 12 and was adjourned to December 15.
You may also want to watch:
“Jozef’s death is being treated as unexplained,” said Det Ins Clive Heys.
“But we know he was involved in an altercation in Cleveland Way at about 2.50am, shortly before his death.
- 1 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 4 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 5 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 6 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 7 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 8 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 9 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 10 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
“CCTV cameras show two people walking down the street at the time and may be able to provide important information. We are keen to trace them.”
Anyone who was in Cleveland Way at around 2.50am on November 9 or anyone with information is being urged to call the incident room on 020-8721 4868, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
Three men arrested following Josef’s death have been bailed to return pending further enquiries.