Cops arrest suspect in East End just one hour after Hornchurch burglary
A SUSPECTED handler was collared by police in the East End just an hour after a home in Hornchurch was burgled, police have said. As part of an operation at Stepney Green Underground Station on Thursday last week, officers arrested a man on suspicion of h
A SUSPECTED handler was collared by police in the East End just an hour after a home in Hornchurch was burgled, police have said.
As part of an operation at Stepney Green Underground Station on Thursday last week, officers arrested a man on suspicion of handling stolen goods.
Further enquiries by police revealed that a burglary in the Hornchurch area had taken place an hour previously and officers seized medals, watches and other jewellery items from the man.
Tower Hamlets Police's safer neighbourhood coordinator Insp Steve Kennedy said: "It was good old fashioned police work. The officers stopped him and spoke to him and became suspicious so they searched him.
You may also want to watch:
"It's a great result as now we've been able to give the owner back their property which they otherwise would have missed a great deal."
During the same operation a 28 year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possession of cocaine.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 7 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 8 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
Further enquiries by officers revealed that he was an illegal immigrant and a search of his home revealed more cocaine and also cannabis.
Police seized drug paraphernalia as well as counterfeit passports and other documents.