Cops fight Spitalfields restaurant's booze bid
RESIDENTS and police are hoping to block plans for an East End restaurant to sell booze until the early hours of the morning. Mohammed Lal Miah has applied to the Town Hall for permission to sell booze at his restaurant Lahori Masala in Commercial Stree
RESIDENTS and police are hoping to block plans for an East End restaurant to sell booze until the early hours of the morning.
Mohammed Lal Miah has applied to the Town Hall for permission to sell booze at his restaurant Lahori Masala in Commercial Street, Spitalfields until 3am on Friday and Saturdays and until 2am during the rest of the week.
But neighbours, the Met Police, Tower Hamlets council's planning enforcement and environmental officers have all written to the council to object to the application.
They say the late licence would attract drunken and noisy punters which would cause problems for residents and fuel more anti-social behaviour in the area.
You may also want to watch:
The application is due to be discussed by Tower Hamlets council's Licensing Sub Committee on Tuesday (6) from 6.30pm in Mulberry Place.
- 1 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 2 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 5 Trains being tested on Crossrail's Elizabeth line up to four an hour
- 6 Pedestrian struck by motorcycle in critical condition following Stepney collision
- 7 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire
- 8 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 9 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 10 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry