Cops get tough in East End crime crackdown
COPS cracked down on all kinds of crime as they pounded the streets of the East End last Friday. Street performers put on shows about antisocial behaviour and noise nuisance outside Tesco in Bethnal Green Road and officers teamed up with council officials
COPS cracked down on all kinds of crime as they pounded the streets of the East End last Friday.
Street performers put on shows about antisocial behaviour and noise nuisance outside Tesco in Bethnal Green Road and officers teamed up with council officials to patrol markets, take part in drug operations and provide a high-visibility presence on the streets during the day of action.
In total 16 arrests were made for offences concerning drugs, theft from cars, handling stolen goods, offensive weapons and drink driving.
Trading Standard officers visited six off licences and seized 169 items of counterfeit goods, including condoms and tobacco, while market inspectors seized more than 1,000 counterfeit CDS and 115 illegal DVDs.
You may also want to watch:
Fines were issued for littering, fly-tipping and fly-posting and five untaxed vehicles were clamped.
- 1 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 4 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 5 Green light for £1m in levies to be used for East End fire rescue ladder
- 6 Bethnal Green rubbish 'attracts rats' as 'pingdemic' delays collections
- 7 Trial of Poplar and Limehouse MP opens on 'housing fraud' charges
- 8 Remembrance to Bethnal Green's ‘perfect storm’ fire tragedy 17 years on
- 9 'Laughing gas central': Call for action on antisocial behaviour
- 10 Poplar and Limehouse MP's trial on housing fraud charges set to start