Cops hold open day at Bethnal Green 'Nick'
By Biz Carson BEING down at The Nick won t necessarily mean trouble tomorrow (Saturday). Instead, Bethnal Green Police Station is holding an open day for the public from 11am-3pm. There will be a small smattering of uniform parts including hats and jac
By Biz Carson
BEING down at 'The Nick' won't necessarily mean trouble tomorrow (Saturday).
Instead, Bethnal Green Police Station is holding an open day for the public from 11am-3pm.
There will be a small smattering of uniform parts including hats and jackets for people to try on and take pictures as well as a limited tour inside the station in Victoria Park Square.
You may also want to watch:
The prison cells might even be included, depending on whether or not they are in use, but visitors are advised to go early when most of the inmates will be at court.
Beyond the fun and games, there will be displays by the dog section and a DVD shown by the flying squad.
- 1 Khalid Ali couldn't hide delight after winning start against Dean Wilkinson
- 2 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 3 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 4 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 5 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 6 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 7 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 8 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 9 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 10 Brigade issues fire safety warning after Limehouse studio blaze
Officers, cadets and special constables will be on hand to give advice to residents. Other teams and groups like the Police Volunteers will have stalls to encourage residents to be involved in their neighbourhood police protection.