Cops hold open day at Bethnal Green 'Nick'
By Biz Carson BEING down at The Nick won t necessarily mean trouble tomorrow (Saturday). Instead, Bethnal Green Police Station is holding an open day for the public from 11am-3pm. There will be a small smattering of uniform parts including hats and jac
By Biz Carson
BEING down at 'The Nick' won't necessarily mean trouble tomorrow (Saturday).
Instead, Bethnal Green Police Station is holding an open day for the public from 11am-3pm.
There will be a small smattering of uniform parts including hats and jackets for people to try on and take pictures as well as a limited tour inside the station in Victoria Park Square.
You may also want to watch:
The prison cells might even be included, depending on whether or not they are in use, but visitors are advised to go early when most of the inmates will be at court.
Beyond the fun and games, there will be displays by the dog section and a DVD shown by the flying squad.
- 1 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 2 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 3 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 8 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 9 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
Officers, cadets and special constables will be on hand to give advice to residents. Other teams and groups like the Police Volunteers will have stalls to encourage residents to be involved in their neighbourhood police protection.