Cops hold open day at Bethnal Green 'Nick'
By Biz Carson BEING down at The Nick won t necessarily mean trouble tomorrow (Saturday). Instead, Bethnal Green Police Station is holding an open day for the public from 11am-3pm. There will be a small smattering of uniform parts including hats and jac
By Biz Carson
BEING down at 'The Nick' won't necessarily mean trouble tomorrow (Saturday).
Instead, Bethnal Green Police Station is holding an open day for the public from 11am-3pm.
There will be a small smattering of uniform parts including hats and jackets for people to try on and take pictures as well as a limited tour inside the station in Victoria Park Square.
You may also want to watch:
The prison cells might even be included, depending on whether or not they are in use, but visitors are advised to go early when most of the inmates will be at court.
Beyond the fun and games, there will be displays by the dog section and a DVD shown by the flying squad.
- 1 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 4 Trees now up for 'adoption' to help make East End greener
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Police renew appeal over disappearance of man last seen in Poplar
- 7 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 8 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 9 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 10 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
Officers, cadets and special constables will be on hand to give advice to residents. Other teams and groups like the Police Volunteers will have stalls to encourage residents to be involved in their neighbourhood police protection.