Cops put feelers out to trace man after bookie heists
POLICE have released CCTV images of a man wanted for questioning about a series of robberies at bookmakers. The Flying Squad at Tower Bridge wants to trace 30-year-old Anthony Lee Perry (Pictured) following eight robberies between July and October in London and Bristol
By Mike Brooke
POLICE have released CCTV images of a man wanted for questioning about a series of robberies at bookmakers.
The move comes as the Association of British Bookmakers offer a reward of up to �10,000 for information leading to an arrest and conviction.
Officers from the Flying Squad at Tower Bridge want to trace 30-year-old Anthony Lee Perry (Pictured) following eight robberies between July and October in London and Bristol.
One robbery was in London’s East End at Ladbroke’s in Salmon Lane, Limehouse. Another four were across the river in south-east London, one was in south-west London and two were in Bristol.
You may also want to watch:
Three suspects are said by detectives to have been involved. Two entered premises, threatening staff then stealing cash. Suspects in one raid hinted to staff they had a firearm.
- 1 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 4 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 5 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 6 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 7 Photography celebrating Roman Road displayed in high street windows
- 8 Police renew appeal over disappearance of man last seen in Poplar
- 9 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
Det Chief Ins Steve Jupp of the Flying Squad said: “We want to trace to Anthony Lee Perry as a matter of urgency in relation to these robberies. I urge anyone recognising him to get in touch with us.”
Perry is described as black, around 6ft tall with an athletic build. He has links to the Southwark-Bermondsey area and detectives think he may still be there.
One man has already been charged in relation to the robberies, a 29-year-old from Bermondsey, who appears in court on Friday (February 13).
Anyone with information about Perry is being urged to contact the Flying Squad at Tower Bridge on 020-7232 6530, or anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.