Cops put feelers out to trace man after bookie heists
POLICE have released CCTV images of a man wanted for questioning about a series of robberies at bookmakers. The Flying Squad at Tower Bridge wants to trace 30-year-old Anthony Lee Perry (Pictured) following eight robberies between July and October in London and Bristol
By Mike Brooke
POLICE have released CCTV images of a man wanted for questioning about a series of robberies at bookmakers.
The move comes as the Association of British Bookmakers offer a reward of up to �10,000 for information leading to an arrest and conviction.
Officers from the Flying Squad at Tower Bridge want to trace 30-year-old Anthony Lee Perry (Pictured) following eight robberies between July and October in London and Bristol.
One robbery was in London’s East End at Ladbroke’s in Salmon Lane, Limehouse. Another four were across the river in south-east London, one was in south-west London and two were in Bristol.
Three suspects are said by detectives to have been involved. Two entered premises, threatening staff then stealing cash. Suspects in one raid hinted to staff they had a firearm.
- 1 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 2 Bow man appears in court charged with murder after body found in cemetery
- 3 Shoreditch floral café blooms at new premises in Bethnal Green
- 4 East End's 'last' Victorian funeral parlour being restored - and opens as burger bar
- 5 New Kray twins book to explore lives of gangsters 'aside from the crimes'
- 6 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 7 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 8 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 9 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 10 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
Det Chief Ins Steve Jupp of the Flying Squad said: “We want to trace to Anthony Lee Perry as a matter of urgency in relation to these robberies. I urge anyone recognising him to get in touch with us.”
Perry is described as black, around 6ft tall with an athletic build. He has links to the Southwark-Bermondsey area and detectives think he may still be there.
One man has already been charged in relation to the robberies, a 29-year-old from Bermondsey, who appears in court on Friday (February 13).
Anyone with information about Perry is being urged to contact the Flying Squad at Tower Bridge on 020-7232 6530, or anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.