Cops put feelers out to trace man after bookie heists
POLICE have released CCTV images of a man wanted for questioning about a series of robberies at bookmakers. The Flying Squad at Tower Bridge wants to trace 30-year-old Anthony Lee Perry (Pictured) following eight robberies between July and October in London and Bristol
By Mike Brooke
POLICE have released CCTV images of a man wanted for questioning about a series of robberies at bookmakers.
The move comes as the Association of British Bookmakers offer a reward of up to �10,000 for information leading to an arrest and conviction.
Officers from the Flying Squad at Tower Bridge want to trace 30-year-old Anthony Lee Perry (Pictured) following eight robberies between July and October in London and Bristol.
One robbery was in London’s East End at Ladbroke’s in Salmon Lane, Limehouse. Another four were across the river in south-east London, one was in south-west London and two were in Bristol.
You may also want to watch:
Three suspects are said by detectives to have been involved. Two entered premises, threatening staff then stealing cash. Suspects in one raid hinted to staff they had a firearm.
- 1 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 2 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 3 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 4 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 5 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 6 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 7 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 8 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 9 Leyton Orient seal first away win of the season at Bristol Rovers
- 10 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
Det Chief Ins Steve Jupp of the Flying Squad said: “We want to trace to Anthony Lee Perry as a matter of urgency in relation to these robberies. I urge anyone recognising him to get in touch with us.”
Perry is described as black, around 6ft tall with an athletic build. He has links to the Southwark-Bermondsey area and detectives think he may still be there.
One man has already been charged in relation to the robberies, a 29-year-old from Bermondsey, who appears in court on Friday (February 13).
Anyone with information about Perry is being urged to contact the Flying Squad at Tower Bridge on 020-7232 6530, or anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.