Cops seize 12 dangerous dogs in dawn raids across East End
A TEAM of 50 police and council officials swooped on addresses across London’s East End today as part of an operation to clamp down on dangerous dogs. Twelve animals, mostly pitbull types, were seized at dawn. Several owners were arrested
By Keir Mudie
A TEAM of 50 police and council officials swooped on addresses across London’s East End today as part of an operation to clamp down on dangerous dogs.
Twelve animals, mostly pitbull types, were seized as officers targeted 14 addresses in Tower Hamlets at dawn, making several arrests in the process.
Pol Sgt Charlie Earwicker told the East London Advertiser tonight: “It was a massive success and we’re delighted with how it went.
You may also want to watch:
“Dangerous dogs are a problem in the East End and we need people to get in touch with us or the local council so we can help.”
Police are continuing to work with the local authority to increase public awareness about the dangers of owning these types of aniumals.
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 4 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 5 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 6 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 7 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 8 Truman's Brewery future being debated at Tower Hamlets Council
- 9 Councillor ex-husband of MP Apsana Begum suspended from Labour Party
- 10 Call to remain vigilant after gay man killed in park in Mile End
Anyone concerned about a dangerous dog can call the Weavers Neighbourhood Team on 030-0123 1212.