Cops seize 12 dangerous dogs in dawn raids across East End
A TEAM of 50 police and council officials swooped on addresses across London’s East End today as part of an operation to clamp down on dangerous dogs. Twelve animals, mostly pitbull types, were seized at dawn. Several owners were arrested
By Keir Mudie
A TEAM of 50 police and council officials swooped on addresses across London’s East End today as part of an operation to clamp down on dangerous dogs.
Twelve animals, mostly pitbull types, were seized as officers targeted 14 addresses in Tower Hamlets at dawn, making several arrests in the process.
Pol Sgt Charlie Earwicker told the East London Advertiser tonight: “It was a massive success and we’re delighted with how it went.
You may also want to watch:
“Dangerous dogs are a problem in the East End and we need people to get in touch with us or the local council so we can help.”
Police are continuing to work with the local authority to increase public awareness about the dangers of owning these types of aniumals.
- 1 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 2 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 3 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 4 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 5 Ramadan explained: Everything you need to know about the Islamic holy month
- 6 Orient boss McAnuff determined to not help Salford City into the play-offs
- 7 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 8 Covid patients in intensive care down to single figures at hospital trust
- 9 East London venue to host big-screen Euro 2020 football fanzone
- 10 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
Anyone concerned about a dangerous dog can call the Weavers Neighbourhood Team on 030-0123 1212.