Cops seize 12 dangerous dogs in dawn raids across East End
A TEAM of 50 police and council officials swooped on addresses across London’s East End today as part of an operation to clamp down on dangerous dogs. Twelve animals, mostly pitbull types, were seized at dawn. Several owners were arrested
By Keir Mudie
A TEAM of 50 police and council officials swooped on addresses across London’s East End today as part of an operation to clamp down on dangerous dogs.
Twelve animals, mostly pitbull types, were seized as officers targeted 14 addresses in Tower Hamlets at dawn, making several arrests in the process.
Pol Sgt Charlie Earwicker told the East London Advertiser tonight: “It was a massive success and we’re delighted with how it went.
You may also want to watch:
“Dangerous dogs are a problem in the East End and we need people to get in touch with us or the local council so we can help.”
Police are continuing to work with the local authority to increase public awareness about the dangers of owning these types of aniumals.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 10 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
Anyone concerned about a dangerous dog can call the Weavers Neighbourhood Team on 030-0123 1212.